Apple Martini... if you like vodka!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Tried this.......saw the recipe on Michael Chiarello's show. Wow I could of shot flames with the fumes in my mouth the vodka was so strong.... had I lit a match ;) . Neither hubby or I could drink it. Tried to add a little more apple juice and a little more apple pucker but nothing worked so we finally just pitched it.
Guess maybe I'm not a Martini kind of gal cause I only like a little bit of Vodka.

that's one of dw's favorite drinks. what were the ingredients and proportions of vodka and apple pucker sizz?
i make them for her like this: in a shaker combine crushed ice, 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of apple pucker, and 2 shots of sweet sour mix. shake until it froths a little and pour into chilled martini galss. garnish with a lightly salted slice of granny smith apple.

Hey Bucky.......it was:

1 part vodka
1 part apple juice
1 part apple pucker schnapps

Add ice to shaker and shake ingredients for 17 shakes and strain into martini glass. Drop in a sour apple jolly rancher.

yeah, the only diff was that i use sweetened sour mix, and it's 2 parts to the other 1 parts. i like erik's idea of the simple syrup if you can't get the sweet sour mix. dw doesn't like them too strong on the vodka either.
i've found that if you are bartending, it's better to make the first drink strong to impress the customer. then you can back off the vodka when they are a little lubricated. dw chokes down the first one, then enjoys the 2nd (3rd and 4th as well :D )

I'll give the other variations a try sometime. Right now I'm kind of gun shy to try it again so soon ;) Thanks for the tips though.

How interesting.

Apple Pucker, made by DeKuyper, in Holland.

Totally unavailable and never been seen in europe.

Would'nt it be great if we could get all the ingredients in the world, or even our own location.

I sometimes wonder why I bother to live anywhere at all.

We usually make ours with vodka, triple sec and apple sour puss....yum.
(I usually add some 7 up to cut the vodka taste a little)

Back
Top Bottom