Beaujolais Nouveau releases tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure I know of this gimmick....please explain.

I try to serve appropriate wines with each course. I am serving beaujolais this year with the turkey course.

It is released at Midnight of the Third Thursday of November. To parties in the larger cities. And to small venue tasting parties in smaller areas!

vb, it's a gimmick in that the wine is sold as soon as it is ready, after only a few weeks of fermentation. since it doesn't have time to develop, a lot of wine snobs look down on it. the quote i liked best about it was that it's like eating cookie dough.

also, there's nothing special about the day or the timing of the event; it was invented as a marketing ploy (based on older traditions from the region) to allow people to taste the newest wines, and for the vintners to make a good and early profit from otherwise ordinary wine.

It is released at Midnight of the Third Thursday of November. To parties in the larger cities. And to small venue tasting parties in smaller areas!

It was here yesterday, uncorked at midnight.

Last years was quite good, IMO. Hope this years is too. That said, it's not a huge favorite of mine.

I just bought 3 bottles at $15 a piece. Whatever happened to it costing 9bucks a bottle. BTW I don't like George Debuff(?). I still $15 bucks a bottle for this stuff is to much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom