Blueberry Stoli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I just bought a bottle of blueberry Stolichnaya. It's chilling in the freezer as I sit here with hair colour in my hair..waiting patiently for blueberry martini time.

Never having worked with this product before, I'm planning on winging it. I'll shake the vodka with ice, wave the vermouth bottle over it, and then pour it into a glass with a sugared rim. I'll put about 6 blueberries onto a glass skewer topped with a lemon peel twist and float that in the glass.

Has anyone else used the blueberry vodka yet?

Blueberry Vodka, Crem de caoco(instead of kaluah), and a hit of heavy cream? Maybe a berry white russian? Or just a berry white, to the late great singer?

you do this for a living, don't you?

TATTRAT said:
Blueberry Vodka, Crem de caoco(instead of kaluah), and a hit of heavy cream? Maybe a berry white russian? Or just a berry white, to the late great singer?

hehe...

Nice idea for a dessert drink....too heavy to pre dinner cocktails, would you not agree?

How about the blueberry stoli and godiva's white chocolate liqueur...?

I agree, def a post dinner beverage....I like the other suggestion too.

I am diginig the blueberry Idea. Imma have to experiment...It is a dirty job, but someone has to do it!:)

Lemme know what you come up with.

Your martini sounds wonderful - shall we call it the "VeraBlueberry"?

Another idea, perhaps, would be to use a shot of it mixed with soda water for a spritzer, and a tablespoon of your own simple syrup**. Add a few ice cubes, which you've frozen blueberries in. Ahhhhhhh, summertime - the best fruits & berries of all!

**I'd cook down some blueberries in a bit of water, mash, add sugar & a bit of lemon juice. Then, strain and add to your drink.

VeraBlue said:
I just bought a bottle of blueberry Stolichnaya. It's chilling in the freezer as I sit here with hair colour in my hair..waiting patiently for blueberry martini time.

Never having worked with this product before, I'm planning on winging it. I'll shake the vodka with ice, wave the vermouth bottle over it, and then pour it into a glass with a sugared rim. I'll put about 6 blueberries onto a glass skewer topped with a lemon peel twist and float that in the glass.

Has anyone else used the blueberry vodka yet?

What time should we be there for cocktails?:LOL: I'll have to figure in time for plane travel from CA!:)

The VeraBluetini

After three verabluetinis, all I can say is "wonderful". The sugared rim was a great touch and they went down real smoooooooooooth.

I like the spritzer idea, too.

For those who are interested, cocktail hour here is usually 7pm, Friday night, and continues till noon on Sunday.

The vodka itself was very good. The blueberry flavour was a good compliment, not overly cloying, either. It tasted fresh. I could see making a slurry of blueberries, and adding that to champagne and vokda for a summer brunch drink.

Thanks to everyone for getting on the blueberry wagon.

blueberry_candy.jpg

ever seen this? It's blueberry sugar for your rim!
woo-hoo!

Extra

jkath always knows something EXTRA! She knows we can always do better!
Thanks. We are all fans of blueberries like the rest of you.

then pour it into a glass with a sugared rim. I'll put about 6 blueberries onto a glass skewer topped with a lemon peel twist and float that in the glass.

Oh this sounds sooo refreshing. The blueberry slurry with champagne and the vodka would go down so easily that they could be dangerous.

What color did you do your hair Vera? :-p :flowers:

My hair colour....

Half Baked said:
What color did you do your hair Vera? :-p :flowers:

Is a lovely shade called ruby twilight. Unfortunately, it covers the grey wonderfully. hahahaha:blush:

needed something?

In the Kitchen said:
All agreed it wasn't sweet. Needed something.

I thought sugaring the rim took care of the 'not too sweet' problem. Did you come up with anything that would make it sweet enough for your taste?

What about goldschlager? Blueberries and cinnamon are often paired together...?

Vera Blue

What is goldschlager? Is that a mixture of cinnomon and blueberries?

We will try to dip glass in sugar before we drink tonight.

Goldschlager is a cinnamon schnapps liqueur with 24k gold leaf flakes floating in it.

Your hair sounds lovely Vera.:)

Back
Top Bottom