Brown Vodka?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
In the book I am reading part of it takes place in Russia. One of the characters is drinking his favorite vodka and in describing it he says it is the color of an American Bourbon. Has anyone ever seen or had a vodka like this? What was it like?

You are the best Marm! I am pretty sure that Starka was the brand he was drinking :)

Have you (or anyone else) ever tried one of these. I love good vodka and these sound really interesting.

I'm not sure if this is the same, but our liquor stores up here are now selling what is called black vodka. It is definitly black. I haven't tried it, but I hear it is really good.

I think that is something different, but I am curious about it as well. Does anyone know what makes it black?

Oh I didn't realize there was only one brand that makes the black stuff. Interesting!

I havent heard of either of these but up here in Canada, my roommate is drinking "inferno"....this is a Voldka that has peppers in it....the more gold the peppers go the more taste it has....this stuff is nasty! I guess if you like spice this is what you want......he has it in his Ceasars....eliminates the need to add anything....and if you mix it with Motts Clam The Works, you really get a kick....

www.InfernoVodka.com

Tanis is it like Absolut Peppar? We used to use that stuff for Bloody Mary's.

When i was young (way to young to drink) we were visiting some friends in NY. My parents brought a bottle of Absolut Peppar as a gift. The kids were playing in one room and the parents were in the kitchen. Well us kids eventually made our way into the kitchen and saw the adults sipping their "water". I don't remember if I asked for a drink or if dad asked me if I wanted a sip of his "water", but all I do remember is a horrible burning and then the adults laughing. After the burn stopped I thought it was pretty funny as well :LOL:

OMG!! You poor poor thing...not sure if its the same..Ive never seen it before, never knew they would make something so awful!!

Back
Top Bottom