Bud Select Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone try this yet? August IV is the one who recommended this and I would like to relay comments. Be honest!

Yep, had it in Maui and thought it was, well, beer. Thought the Longboard Lager from the local micro was better.

Taking into account that my opinions of nearly everything are better when I'm vacationing on a tropical island..... Well.... I wouldn't probably spend the money on it here at home.

It's not a bad beer, but it's really not anything new. The green bottle will help individual bottles exposed to flourescent lights develop that trademark "import" skunky taste. If you have a good beer store, that keeps them away from the light, it might be an OK beer. Of course, if you have a good beer store, they probably have Pisler Urquell, or Budvar (sometimes sold as Chezchvar), which will be what A-B was shooting for.

John

I have to take it back - I haven't had the Bud Select.

I had the A-B 'World Select' or somesuch, which may already be off the market.

This seems like a new one. I'll try it at the local beer bar once they get it.

John

i had the new bud in the green bottle, not sure which one it was, but it was pretty good. like a bud, but a little more hoppy (slightly bitter) flavor to it, but no where near as much as heineken. i would drink it again...

lol, then again, this is like asking a mouse if he likes cheese...

buckytom said:
i had the new bud in the green bottle, not sure which one it was, but it was pretty good. like a bud, but a little more hoppy (slightly bitter) flavor to it, but no where near as much as heineken. i would drink it again...

lol, then again, this is like asking a mouse if he likes cheese...

I'd still rather go back to Maui and drink Mai Tais and Longboard Lagers... ;)

John

That's the low carb beer, right?

I have not had it but a friend of mine drank some while watching a game at a bar because it was on special. Sorry to say that he did not like it at all.

I will give it a try when I see it. I admit that Bud Light is a fav of mine.

Low carb beer, like low carb bread and pasta just seems weird to me.

I do appreciate your comments. One thing that makes me happy is that when it comes to alcohol people will always say how they feel about it. I certainly wish that were expressed in all phases of our life. Being open with one another whether good or bad is refreshing. Why does it take alcohol for this to happen? Is it because we are trying to fool someone. I know in the long run we only fool ourselves. If anyone asks what I think I don't want to impress them, I know they want the truth. As I said I asked for personal opinion and I do thank you each an everyone for the time and interest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom