Carbonated Tom Collins Mix - Where'd it go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Whatever happened to it & why did it disappear?

I LOVED this stuff - not just as a Tom Collins mixer, but on its own as a soft drink. And supermarkets couldn't keep it on their shelves. So why is it no longer available? Last time I was able to buy it was about 9 years ago. :(

I also have not seen it in many years but it was once the cause of a very embarrassing moment in my life so I'm not sorry it's gone.

Details???;)

I loved that stuff as a kid. I haven't seen in in ages.

Apparantly its still made, though. Mixers

The carry a lot of Polar products at my store so Ill look next time. I do recall seeing "half and half" there recently

Thanks Jenny! I'll have to give them a ring & see if they distribute it anywhere near me. I always loved the stuff (both with & without gin - lol!) for it's tangy citrusy not-too-sweet taste.

I'll never understand why the big guys (Canada Dry, Schweppes) stopped putting it out, because it always flew off the shelves around here. Although I do recall that shortly before it disappeared altogether, the price per bottle had nearly tripled.

Tom Collins follow-up

You're right, the Tom Collins by Canada Dry, and the now defunct High Rock Bottlers of Norfolk/Portsmouth, VA, was a great drink on its own and made a very good, if not "authentic," alcoholic Collins. It was convenient to open only one product and not have to bother with a syrup and club soda. I suppose there just wasn't enough of us around to continue a market for it. Can't blame them.

I see that Polar still makes it, but it's in New England. Will look for a supplier that ships. Any other suggestions?

Canada Dry Collins Mix

I can't believe they stopped making it! My parents go through a case per week and I go through a case every 3 weeks. It was the best on the market by far! Anybody know where to find some? The shop-rite doesn't have it listed anymore.

I called Canada Dry and they said they discontinued the Collins mixer. I would like to get the recipe from them and market under a different name. Squirt is close but not identical. If someone else gets the recipe I will buy from them. Canada Dry is not very ingenious. Billinflorida

Canada Dry Collins Mix

I can't believe they pulled it! I heard it was pulled because it wasn't making enough money. Yet I know for fact it sold enough to pull a profit and they could have doubled the price and we still would buy it. There is NO other product even close to it. Yes, Squirt is kinda close, but it isn't the same, it is too heavy. I agree, we need to find someone else to get the recipe and make it.

Back
Top Bottom