Favorite Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like my dislike of decaf coffee, I DETEST light beer. It has to be full-flavored with a healthy alcohol content. (for me, the alcohol seems to enhance the flavor) Beers I have enjoyed and do enjoy:

AMERICAN (some of them no longer produced):
Hamm's Waldech (long gone)
Grain Belt
Burgie draft
Olympia
Steel Reserve
Fat Tire
Sam Adams

I LOVE Japanese beer:
Sapporo
Kirin
Suntory

EUROPEAN:
Heineken
Amstel
Bass Pale Ale
Guinness Stout
Watney's Red Barrel

We have some friends that brew and they made an IPA that I really liked. Of course they did something they don't remember during the process and have been trying to replicate it.

I usually drink the Boston lager when I go buy beer.

We love anything with Ginger, especially fresh! Many Asian (I don't care for that word) cultures use Ginger in so many different ways.
So would Ginger Beer, the soda pop type, taste anything like Ginger Ale? We've been drinking alot of diet Ginger Ale this Summer,and we don't drink that much soda, mostly water here in the middle of the desert.
:yum: I found chewy Ginger candies at Trader Joe's that is terrific for digestion/tummy issues.

K-girl, to me, ginger beer is very similar to ginger ale except it has a stronger ginger flavor. Some people get a little tingle in their throats, but it doesn't effect me that way.

Incidentally, if you don't like the term "Asian", what do you use? I figured it's "politically correct" since our Taiwanese nephew-in-law uses it all the time. :ermm:

K-girl, to me, ginger beer is very similar to ginger ale except it has a stronger ginger flavor. Some people get a little tingle in their throats, but it doesn't effect me that way.

Incidentally, if you don't like the term "Asian", what do you use? I figured it's "politically correct" since our Taiwanese nephew-in-law uses it all the time. :ermm:

I think Asian is a heck of a lot better than some of the names I have heard over the years. Does Archie Bunker come to mind? I cringe when I hear some of them. :angel:

Last edited:
I was taught that oriental is for rugs and Asian is for people.

What is the correct term to use?

I am with you AB. Oriental rugs are made in Iran, Turkey Irag as well as other countries. We don't refer to the residents of those countries as being Asian. :angel:

I am with you AB. Oriental rugs are made in Iran, Turkey Irag as well as other countries. We don't refer to the residents of those countries as being Asian. :angel:

In the world I came from they were considered Persian.

I'm so confused, so old and so behind the times, I need a beer! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I personally like Czech beer and I consider it one of the best worldwide. However, there are tons of different beers around the world so you never know. :)

Yuengling2.jpg

My favorite is the brand thats on sale at the grocery store.
I like all beer. Cheap beer seems to be what I like the most.
I like a nice dark beer now and again.
But for everyday use, Bud Light is in the fridge right now. Last time it was Natural Light. And before that I think it was Busch Light.
They are all good.

Same here.

The only beer I like is in my memory. An ice-cold Labatt's Blue on a hot summer day, on an island in Lake Erie, with friends. I don't like the bitterness of beer, but that day, it went down easy.
I can assure that it was the setting, not the beer.

I would have to be very thirsty to drink Labatt's Blue.

Oh, absolutely. And I was very thirsty. Nowadays, I bring my own wine ;)

I have a saying about the first two beers on a hot day after busting butt, "The first ones for thirst and the second ones for taste.";) The first one gets slammed so fast, there isn't time to taste it.

Found the link to this article in my Facebook feed today: Best Beers in America - The Best States for Beer Lovers Since we've been discussing beer I though it might be of interest.

Top three are all along the west coast (no surprise there) but my favorite Ohio brewery, Great Lakes Brewing Company, gets love right off the top for my home state. Thirsty Dog is just a few miles from our son's place, and I'm so wanting to try something by Fat Tire since I saw that one in a top-ten (top-five?) craft brewery list a few weeks back. That list also included Cigar City Brewing in Tampa. Plan on hunting it down if we can find it bottled or on tap, or might decide to make a trip up to Tampa just for fun.

Pretty interesting article. Our grocery store has a decent offering of off the beaten path beverages. Reminds me that last week I saw Dale's Pale Ale (which, though brewed in Brevard, NC, has no apparent connection to Dale Earnhardt, Jr.) Gonna have to give it a try....Pale Ale in a can!
Further research yields that the Oskar Blues brewery is based in Colorado and they opened a brewery in Brevard in 2012. Reviews indicate that North Carolina version is different from the Colorado version but both both have gotten good reviews. I reckon I will have to scrape together my nickels and dimes to get some and report back.

Back
Top Bottom