Favorite Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neither Mark nor I drink much beer. But I do like a beer with Asian food, particularly sushi. The beer I prefer is either Sapporo or Ebisu (sometimes spelled Yebisu), and it must be very very cold. The number one selling beer in Japan is Asahi, but for me, it’s a bit more bland - similar to the major lagers in America. Of those lagers, Miller is the most acceptable.

I once had a beer at a little wine bar in Japan. I can’t remember the name, but it was brewed in Germany or Austria (I think), and was more than three times the alcohol level of regular beers. It’s only brewed once a year, hence its name: Christmas beer. It was quite delish, and also packed quite a punch!

They make Xmas beer as well as Easter beer in Denmark. It's quite strong. There are laws about what limited time of the year they can be sold.

I stand corrected. It may very well have been Danish, probably was. Whatever country, the beer was delicious. And it really did me in!

What are some of your favorite beers? Either brewery, brand or style would work here.

I like IPAs and Stouts, have a soft spot for Belgians. Especially, I very much enjoy Guinness Foreign Export Stout, and Chimay Blue.

So what beers do you turn to often?
I rarely drink beer these days (I'm usually driving so I lay off the hooch). I used to be very fond of draught Guinness (the stuff in cans and bottles is too fizzy and, to my taste, too sweet) but so rarely do I go into old-fashioned pubs that have it on proper "pulled" draught (as opposed to the gas-assisted "on tap") that I don't think I've had draught Guinness in years.

Back
Top Bottom