Favorite Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
What are some of your favorite beers? Either brewery, brand or style would work here.

I like IPAs and Stouts, have a soft spot for Belgians. Especially, I very much enjoy Guinness Foreign Export Stout, and Chimay Blue.

So what beers do you turn to often?

I don't like where this is going....too many choices

ad vert indulgence

See the above post about beer

making fish and chips

Last edited:
My favorite is Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale. There are so many microbrews springing up it is hard to keep track.
I recently had one called, of all things, Lizards Mouth! It is really nice, but on the expensive side. It is made by Figueroa Brewery in Santa Barbara California

Too many to choose from. Lately I have been into Spaten from Munich. Right balance of body and flavor. Can't be beat in an icy mug..I was on a Sam Adams kick for most of last year, but it is a colder weather beer IMHO....Not into North American style big brewery stuff very much....Enjoy a Steam Whistle Pilsner cold from the bottle....Bought some Milk Stout from Quebec during a recent trip. Not sure what that is all about. Still haven't gotten into it yet.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but every now and then I like one. Drinking an ice cold frosty mug of Foster's right now. :)

The strangest beer I have come across I found in Bamberg Germany. Actually Bevmo carries it here. It is called rauchbier, which means smoke beer. The barley is smoked the same way it is done for scotch whiskey. It is definitely an acquired taste, but if you like scotch, you would probably like it.
Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen a Smoked beer by Brauerei Heller, a brewery in Bamberg, Bavaria.

A&W that we used to get in gallon jugs from the A&W hamburger joints when I was a kid. I also like Dad's, and Barque's root beer. Those are the only kind of beer I can tolerate. And I love the flavor. Oh, birch beer soft drink is pretty tasty as well.;)

Ok, I have to admit it. I had a Schlitz Tall Boy once, and only once, that tasted great. I was pulling stumps and cutting tag alderx in our block long back yard as an 18 year old (was legal drinking age in Michigan at the time), with one of my nest friends. We'd cut the tag alders, wrap a chain that was connected to a chain and tackle on a tripod, put tension of the roots, and chop them with an ax. We were busting our tails in the hot some to make an archery range, and it was a hot, July summer day. The beer was in a chest full of ice. I was so hot and thirsty from the hard work we were doing. That beer quenched the thirst like none other. It's the only beer I've ever had that tasted good to me, and only that time. My taste buds just aren't made for drinking beer. What can I say. And my body doesn't tolerate any kind of alcohol very well either.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

A&W that we used to get in gallon jugs from the A&W hamburger joints when I was a kid. I also like Dad's, and Barque's root beer. Those are the only kind of beer I can tolerate. And I love the flavor. Oh, birch beer soft drink is pretty tasty as well.;)

Henry Weinhard Root Beer :yum:
I haven't had a Birch Beer in the longest time, love that too!
I saw Ginger Beer at the mega-mart the other day,
almost bought it just to try.

I've tried a lot of different beers over the years. Many before all the microbreweries started cropping up. Some years ago (the late 1980s), I grew tired of Budweiser and tried a number of different beers (Lowenbrau, Heineken, etc.). I found I liked Samuel Adams beers. Winter Lager is my favorite with Boston Lager as my 'go to' beer. In the early years it was a crap shoot whether or not you could find Sam Adams in a bar or market. Not so much anymore. It's fairly wide spread.

Once a year we go to Aruba. They don't usually have Sam Adams except for one year. Then I'm stuck with Heineken, Amstel light, Bud or Bud light and the local brew, Balashi. The Balashi isn't worth drinking. I don't drink light beer so my choices are limited.

A big scoop of vanilla ice cream wouldn't hurt...just sayin'. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Haven't had a root beer float in ages (might have something to do with being diabetic). I might hust have to get some A&W and some good ice cream, watch my carbs really closely for a day, and have one, just because I remember them be so fantastic. Don't know if my grandkids have had one yet. I'll have to make sure they get that opportunity. They generally like my treats (S'mores bars anyone?):LOL:

A couple-a years ago DH and I took a road trip to Colorado and visited the Coors Brewery in Golden.
WOW!
At the end of the tour they give a some samples.
They had just come out with that season's small batch beer, can't remember what it was called, but they told me that it's only sold in a very small radius to Golden.
I was lucky enough to even have one at Coors Field in Denver as we watched the Rockies play. What an experience.

Back
Top Bottom