GB: Here's the Wine Jelly Recipe...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Audeo

Head Chef
I noted your request for this in a thread under the General Questions and Chat section discussing ways to use leftover wine. I just made a batch of this Thursday out of cabernet, and will make more today with chardonay leftover from last night's seafood dinner. This recipe makes about 6 half-pint jars and always results in a delicate jelly. It's a real favorite among my growing list of those demanding jellies at Christmas. These are typically served as a accompaniment to crackers and cream cheese.

Wine Jelly
4 Cups Wine (cab, merlot, chard, pinot, champagne, etc.)
1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
5 Cups sugar
1 2-ounch package of dry pectin (I use Sure-Jell)

Combine the wine, lemon juice and pectin in a large pot and blend well. Bring to a rolling boil over med-high head, stirring frequently. Add the sugar all at once, stirring until completely dissolved. Return to rolling boil, stirring constantly, and boil hard for 1 full minute.

Remove from heat and skim any foam from the top.

Ladle carefully into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims clean with a clean, damp cloth. Affix lids and rings (don't over-tighten!).

Process for 10 minutes in water bath. Remove from canner and allow to cool on wire rack for 12 hours. Confirm a good seal on each jar and tighten lids, if necessary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom