Hot Apple Pie shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
Here's a variation on an "Apple Pie" drink that I've made with Captain Morgan's Spiced rum.

I haven't tried these shots ..... yet. :)

Lee

(Posted by Kerry on the BBQ Forum)

Hot Apple Pie Shots

Heat 3/4 cup of apple cider till steamy hot. Stir in 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup rum.

Pour into shot glasses 3/4 of the way full. Top with sweetened whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.
Serve immediately. Makes 5-6 shots.

Here's my apple pie drink recipe. I drank this tubing down the river one summer...wonderful!

1 quart Everclear
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider
4 cups sugar
7 cinnamon sticks

Mix apple juice, apple cider, sugar, and cinnamon sticks together. Boil until cinnamon sticks lose flavor. Add Everclear. Refrigerate.

Here's a variation on an "Apple Pie" drink that I've made with Captain Morgan's Spiced rum.

Lee

Hot Apple Pie Shots

Heat 3/4 cup of apple cider till steamy hot. Stir in 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup rum.

Pour into shot glasses 3/4 of the way full. Top with sweetened whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.

Omigosh, Q. That's not a drink, it's dessert. Yum!

Lee

Hot Apple Pie Shots

QSis, heard of the recipe, but have not tried it as yet either. (Captain Morgan was a fave of mine back in my rum & coke days.) Like the idea of the shot glasses. As a chaser? I have a recipe somewhere for ice cream popsickles (w chocolate syrup) poured into the shot glass w popsickle sticks. Will see if I can find it & share, if you're interested. Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Note to self, p/u some shot glasses.

Last edited:
Here's my apple pie drink recipe. I drank this tubing down the river one summer...wonderful!

1 quart Everclear
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider
4 cups sugar
7 cinnamon sticks

Mix apple juice, apple cider, sugar, and cinnamon sticks together. Boil until cinnamon sticks lose flavor. Add Everclear. Refrigerate.

lol, i wanna party with a-yun-jay!

1 quart everclear? :shock:

qsis, yours looks really tasty. 3 to 1 cider to rum is a healthy ratio.

i might need to get healthy this week.

Last edited:

1 quart Everclear
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider
4 cups sugar
7 cinnamon sticks

Angie,
That is the same recipe I have.. And let me tell you.. That stuff is AMAZING! We drink it over ice for New Years.. This really is a very easy going down. Especially given how much alcohol is in it.. I am glad you posted this one, because I was about to do the same..

A note.. MAKE SURE you add the Everclear after it is done boiling.. And, you need a pretty big stock pot to boil that much liquid..

It was a huge hit at New Years!

-Brad

Lee

Hot Apple Pie Shots

Have you considered adding a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream instead of the Vanilla?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom