ISO a perfect cooler drink for summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During the warmer months, I'm a big fan of the better witbiers on the market.

Celis, Hoegaarden, etc. :mrgreen:

Or any number of other lighter styles. Or margaritas. Those are good too. :angel:

Margaritas and Cosmopolitans are my favorites. I usually have some Chambord on hand, too - sometimes I add a shot to a glass of lemonade. And I love sangria, although it takes some planning - my recipe calls for combining ingredients, then letting the flavors blend overnight.

The most refreshing drink I ever had was called a Blue Hawaiian.
I think it is basically vodka, pineapple juice and blue curacao. I first had them in Hawaii, then Vegas, so they must know what they are doing and have the same recipe. Meaning it isn't just a local drink. Good stuff!

The Perfect Summer Drink...

The perfect summer drink has a lot to do with where you are, the food, the company, the music and your mood. I love to cook Mexican food and to me there is nothing better than a Cadillac Margarita to share with friends out on the deck while taking in a classic Baja sunset over dinner. I might even have some Marco Antonio Solis, Armando Manzanero or Roberto Carlos playing in the background...

do you have any cockatil concoctions taht are perfect for this summer?

Yes, a couple...

Snapple pink lemonade and coconut flavored rum(i.e. Malibu)

One I came up with recently for a refreshing fruity drink thats a bit sweeter.
1 shot Capt. Morgan spiced rum
1 shot coconut rum
Pineapple juice
lemon lime soda.

Mix in a tall glass, equal amounts pineapple juice and soda. You can also use a shot of sweet and sour mix instead of the pineapple juice. That really tames it down to a nice not too sweet drink.

Something from the whiskey side.
In a blender, 1 small can frozen lemonade
1 can water
1 can whiskey.
Fill with ice and blend until slushy.

Last edited:
While I always crave Pimms in the summer we've been having our homemade framboise with pomegranite juice over ice on warm days and its a more than satisfactory substitute. We found it so good we realised we' downed half a bottle of the framboise over one afternoon in this way :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom