Jamieson Irish Whiskey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
The store I go to is featuring this whiskey. Before I buy it, has anyone ever heard of it or tried it? I ask hoping you will save me money or worse, having to lose it. Thanks.

I've even toured the factory in Dublin! I highly recommend this whiskey. I'd be curious to hear Uncle Bob's thoughts (it is not a bourbon but it is a close cousin).

Do we have any Irish posters here? I'm sure they can vouch for the whiskey.

Their regular label is a good but not great Irish whiskey. They do make better stuff, but it's very expensive.

I don't drink enough Irish to comment...I've had Jameson 12(?) before...Right now I have Bushmills and Powers...I drink the Bushmills on rare occasions --- The Powers I've used in a Homemade Irish Cream recipe mostly...

The store I go to is featuring this whiskey. Before I buy it, has anyone ever heard of it or tried it? I ask hoping you will save me money or worse, having to lose it. Thanks.
not my favorite Irish Whiskey. Tulamore Dew has better flavor and is smoother.

Tulamore Dew ? Now you have me confused! Is this particular whiskey imported too? I think this Jamieson Whiskey is imported. The fact you state it was smoother makes me interested. Guess I will have to see if the store even carries this Tulamore Dew. I thank you all for your comments. Truly helps to make the right choice. It is only cause I TRUST you so much and know you wouldn't want me to be disappointed. means a lot. Thanks

It is wonderful stuff. As someone mentined, there is better, but Jamieson is still great. I would buy it, (actually maybe probably a few bottles:)), and enjoy it.

I usually buy Paddy if I can find it - but Jamieson is a good 2nd choice and I usually have a bottle of one or the other in the cabinet at all times.

I went to Ireland about 12 years ago with my ex-husband and I bought 2 bottles of Jameson back. Well, soon after the trip he & I separated and started divorce proceedings. Needless to say, the Jameson did NOT last very long - good medicne when you need it, if you know what I'm saying.

I still get a Jameson when we go out to a few of the Irish pubs in our area.

I don't regard Jamieson as anything special. You can buy it in any liquor store.

Sort of the equivalent of Makers Mark or Dewars.

We do drink a lot of Jamieson, though. Often with ginger ale.

We spend $$ on good bourbon though.

I don't regard Jamieson as anything special. You can buy it in any liquor store.

You are right! That is what the ad said when it was advertising this Jamieson. They suggested to drink with ginger ale. I know ginger is good for your health wise so I figure offsetting drinking the Jamieson w/ some ginger ale is half good? Kind of crazy the way I find reason to try things.

Makers Mark and Dewars are completly different animals from each other.

One's a bourbon (made predominantly from corn) and one is a whiskey (malted grain). Jamieson is similar to Dewars.

Makers Mark and Dewars are completly different animals from each other.

One's a bourbon (made predominantly from corn) and one is a whiskey (malted grain). Jamieson is similar to Dewars.

Yes, I know.

I should have made myself clearer.

They are all brands of whiskey. Different types of whiskey. But what I meant was, brand-wise, J's is to irish Whiskey what Maker's is to bourbon or Dewars is to scotch.

Jamieson's isn't a higher end product like Bulleit or Bookers or Johnny Walker Blue or Macallan.

Personally, I don't think irish whiskey is that similar to scotch whiskey.

But they're all good!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom