Kameleon Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
This is a very pleasant summer cocktail, with pleasing visuals, as well!

1.5 oz 151 Rum
1/2 oz blue curacao
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
1/3 oz Pimm's

You need a highball glass, filled with crushed ice. Add the ingredients in the order listed. Momentarily, the layers will keep to themselves, rather like a traffic light, with the Pimm's floating on top. Stir it....and it's such a lovely shade of green. I believe it you took it towards a black light, it would glow.

It's one of those cocktails that goes down waaaaaaaay to easily.

BTW, when you say highball glass, you're talking about the pint glasses I have at the house, right?? :mrgreen:

John

A pint, dollface, may be a bit too big...I think 12 oz. is fine...but if all you have are pint glasses, just add more rum.:ohmy:

Vera, would rinsed-out jars for Classico spaghetti sauce be acceptable vessels for this lovely concoction? What if I hike up the ice?

mudbug said:
Vera, would rinsed-out jars for Classico spaghetti sauce be acceptable vessels for this lovely concoction? What if I hike up the ice?

Go for it, indeed:ROFLMAO:

I found I didn't have high ball glasses, either. I used two glasses we got at a pub last year. I think the days of high balls have gone the way of brill creme and polishing white shoes with that squeezgy thing.

How did those tall skinny glasses (or is it the drinks that go in them) get the name high ball, anyway?

Maybe I should use the souvenir Pat O'Brian's hurricane glasses instead.

I remember that squeezgy thing - used it on my saddle shoes and then later, when I was cool, on my tennies.

VeraBlue said:

polishing white shoes with that squeezgy thing.

Great fix for dirty grout on tile, too!!!

Now back to cocktail hour......

John

Ok, I've now got everything I need to make this, but I don't have anything to measure the ounces. Maybe I'll just change "ounce" to "shot glass full". :mrgreen: :angel: :mrgreen:

John

Last edited:
High ball glasses aren't the tall skinny ones. I thought those were referred to as Tom Collins glasses, but I might be wrong. High ball glasses are short and kind of wide.

BC

BlueCat said:
High ball glasses aren't the tall skinny ones. I thought those were referred to as Tom Collins glasses, but I might be wrong. High ball glasses are short and kind of wide.

BC

A Collins, (a name of a drink) is served in a high ball glass, which is a tall, 8oz glass. Short and wide are cocktail glasses.

Ronjohn, originally, we used shot glasses to measure ingredients for mixed cocktails, so I say, go for it. The more we expanded the repetoire the more we felt we really should invest in a measured ounce glass. It's not that big a deal, if you eyeball it or measure to the gram, as long as you enjoy the results, yes?

So, in a reference to the Pit...have you had enough to answer my question, yet??:-p:-p

VeraBlue said:
Ronjohn, originally, we used shot glasses to measure ingredients for mixed cocktails, so I say, go for it. The more we expanded the repetoire the more we felt we really should invest in a measured ounce glass. It's not that big a deal, if you eyeball it or measure to the gram, as long as you enjoy the results, yes?

So, in a reference to the Pit...have you had enough to answer my question, yet??:-p:-p

I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I just didn't geta chance to make it last night. :(

And to answer the other question, no. :-p
It's apparently going to take a heck of a lot more than it would the average person for me to get around to answering that. Even the green faery couldn't get it out of me last night. :angel:

John

VeraBlue said:

I found I didn't have high ball glasses, either.

Strange, but that seems to be ALL I have left from every set of glasses anyone has ever given me over the years.

Caine said:
Strange, but that seems to be ALL I have left from every set of glasses anyone has ever given me over the years.

Do you think it's because they got the least amount of use over the years?? I seem to purchase cocktail or 'on the rocks' glasses every year, nice sets of 4. Invariably, one always breaks either from hand washing, or some other accident. I have 4 sets of three lovely glasses now!

That sounds really, really tasty. I'm a bit of a blue curacao fan ...

I just realised that I've totally knackered myself by joining these american forums without really knowing how to convert oz to kg. ;) I'll just have to learn or use an online tool for the meantime :)

Back
Top Bottom