Margarita Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
I thought I'd share these simple but VERY popular margaritas with you all:

Classic Lime Margaritas

5 Parts Lime mix
5 parts tequila (we used some cheap brand at the restaraunt, but I'd reccomend a good silver tequila)
3 parts Triple Sec
Line the Rim with salt
Serve on the rocks

Strawberry Margaritas
1 Parts fresh strawberry puree
1 parts tequila
Line the rim with sugar, and a fresh strawberry
Serve frozen

Electric Margaritas
6 parts tequila
4 parts lime juice
3 parts Blue Curacao
Line the rim with salt, and a lemon wheel
serve on the rocks

"Very Berry" Margarita
3 parts tequila
3 parts raspberry liquer
1 part triple sec
1 part cranberry juice
1 part lime juice
line the rim with sugar or salt
serve frozen or on the rocks

My recollection of the Very Berry is a bit sketchy, but tweak it and it should turn out well.

thanks for the recipe. i usually just use store-bought frozen mixes for them, but i prefer fresh anything. i LOVE margaritas.
79.gif
we go out just for them some nights.
lime is my favorite but i have them dip the rim into sugar instead of salt. strawberry's good, too, but it's too sweet to have more than one, IMO.

Mmmm, I love Margaritas too!
Here's another flavor...

Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay

5 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
1/2 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar melts), cooled
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
2 cups silver tequila
4 ounces orange liqueur
2 ounces melon liqueur
Watermelon wedges, for garnish

Place watermelon in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the pureed watermelon into 2 empty ice cube trays and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Place 8 martini glasses in the freezer to chill.

Place 2 cups of the watermelon ice cubes and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Garnish each glass with a watermelon wedge.

A buddy of mine made some GREAT margaritas last year at my pool. They were so simple too. It was a can of frozen lime aid, a bottle of beer and tequila (there might have been a can of water too, but I dont think there was). These are some of the best I have ever tasted.

Here's a recipe for a beer margarita...

Beer Margaritas

1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup coarse salt
2 (12-ounce) bottles your favorite beer, chilled
1/2 cup frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
1/2 cup chilled tequila
Ice cubes

Rub lime wedges around rims of 4 margarita glasses. Dip rims into salt to coat lightly. In a medium pitcher, combine beer, limeade, and tequila. Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture. Garnish with remaining lime wedges. Serve immediately.

Back
Top Bottom