Prune Juice Cocktails (Really!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was I supposed to soak them in vodka or spoil some perfectly good vodka with bland juice?

Vodka is very good at taking flavors from fruits, but I wouldn't go top-shelf vodka on raisons. It would be worth that nine-bucks a bottle vodka. :LOL:

CD

I think someone.. hmmm, had to be buckytom, had a recipe where he mixed Miralax with his rum and said, "Shiver me Dungbie" all the way to the bathroom... ;):ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:
Ross
I cannot stand prune juice - but I can eat dried pitted prunes!!! Yes, it's good for constipation which is the only reason why I eat them - but not everyday because it causes overkill when I go to the bathroom!! Does this happen with anybody else?

@trudilu , it happens with many many hundreds of thousands of people. (possibly millions)
With 95% of the US population not getting enough fiber. When people compare bowel movements, they are comparing themselves to other people that are also constipated, so it won't do you much good to do that. A healthy bowel movement is a complete evacuation of your bowels, most often once a day, or as many as 5 times a day. 3 in 5 people with constipation don't even ask their doctors about it. Ask a doctor and get a pill, eat your fruit and veggies and you won't need one. It's common for people on the Average American Diet to be constipated. The RDA for fiber is 25 grams for women and 35 grams for men. If you care about you, momma would say, you should, check out how much fiber you eat.

Grampa's prunes are also called dried plums. Even marketers have stopped calling them prunes and call them dried plums. I bake with them and call them plums. They are sweet and kind of tangy. We like them.

The fiber in plums/prunes slows down the sugar absorption, where the prune juice doesn't have as much fiber.

I have never consumed prune juice, but I use prunes a lot! I often cut up 4 or 5 of them to put in a bowl of oatmeal, and frequently use them in sweet breads, in place of raisins. I thought that was strange that they started calling them dried plums, instead of prunes. Are people more likely to eat them, with that name?

I think of prunes as fruit candy and as an ingredient. Once I get started munching on them they become dangerous. I find it hard to only eat a reasonable amount. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom