Red wine and Cardiac health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being that I now have cardiac issues I have been researching (I think I will be forever researching actually). I love wine and recently found that there are a lot of people who are saying that wine, specifically red wine is very benificail for your heart. 1 drink for women and 2 for men (4 to 8 oz) a day. Well like everything there seems to be great debate in this, but for certain if you give your search engine a run for it's money you will find that the majority say that wine in moderation is good for your cardiovascular health.

Like I previously said though, nobody can ever bloody well agree on anything vaughly important, so it seem very confusing to me.

I was wondering what you thought?

I strongly recommend a glass of red a day. Think of all the stress-lowering benefits (decreased stress also good for your heart.)

If you feel guilty about it, eat a ball of red (an apple, lotsa fiber) immediately afterwards.

It certainly hasn't done mainland Europeans much harm.... the Mediterranean diet is still considered to be beneficial.

I have been drinking red wine for years and recently my cardiologist told me it was good to drink a glass or two daily.

A friend had a heart bypass years back. He never drank any alcohol before, well except church wine as he is a priest, but his cardiologist recommended 1 to 2 glasses of red wine a day.The antioxidants in red wine have been shown to provide certain health benefits. They act like warriors, preventing the oxidation process.They offer protection against heart disease. http://www.red-wine-and-health.com/

Wine has been tentatively found to help with heart problems. The same has been found for people worried about stroke. Eating a serving of fish every two weeks or so seems to help immensely. Even if it doesn't, it certainly doesn't hurt anything to consume a glass of wine with an entree of fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom