The Drink you eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Crunchy Bloody Mary. Molecular gastronomy. No it's not jello, it's a real Bloody Mary.
39817-albums960-picture5539.jpg

oh man, s&p, i sure would love to be munching on a stalk of your molecular celery right now, and it's barely lunchtime! are they difficult to make at home?

oh man, s&p, i sure would love to be munching on a stalk of your molecular celery right now, and it's barely lunchtime! are they difficult to make at home?

Hi V, no, they are very easy to make. I made my own tomato juice but you can use what ever you like. For this recipe I used 2oz of vodka, 1/2 cup of tomato juice. You can spice it the way you like your bloody mary's. In a small pan pour in the bloody mary and add 2 grams of Agar Agar, then just bring to a boil and pour into the celery sticks and let cool in the fridge.

where does one go to buy this agar agar, s&p? wouldn't this bloody mary celery make a lovely summertime appy, 'specially outdoors, just grillin 'n chillin....

where does one go to buy this agar agar, s&p? wouldn't this bloody mary celery make a lovely summertime appy, 'specially outdoors, just grillin 'n chillin....

Go to, Molecule R.com then "shop".
Yes, it's something different. I have to cook for a friends demise this weekend, so I'll be using it as a garnish along with cupcake chicken and lollipop buffalo chicken legs.

That's cool, S&P!

Does boiling the bloody reduce the alcohol content?

Yes, it's something different. I have to cook for a friends demise this weekend, so I'll be using it as a garnish along with cupcake chicken and lollipop buffalo chicken legs.

S&P, do you have pics of these? Cupcakes and lollipops don't sound like the usual bachelor party fare. Maybe recipes too?

Last edited:
A couple of questions...did you use the flakes or powder (agar agar).. what would be the equivalent in tsps. ....can you substitute gelatin for the agar agar???

A couple of questions...did you use the flakes or powder (agar agar).. what would be the equivalent in tsps. ....can you substitute gelatin for the agar agar???

I used powder, and weight in on a scale, 2 grams. Gelatin would give it a different texture but would probably work.
39817-albums960-picture5541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom