The Salsa Drink!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Can ANYONE think of how to make salsa as a nice drink?

No no.... not a bloody mary but a good fresh salsa taste with a hard liquer?
I think the combo would be a big hit with my friends. No chunks of vigies of course.

A little spice, a good amount of citrus and fresh vegies. :chef:

Why not just toss some salsa in the blender with some tequila and lime juice, thin as necessary with tomato juice (or more tequila). One of these hand blenders would work nicely.

Vodka could work... perhaps vodka, a dash of tomato juice, something lemon-lime for body (Squirt or something similar), then liquefy a bit of onion, garlic, cilantro and pepper? I think it'd be better without the tomato juice, but then, I'm not a fan of tomato juice.

OR, you could just strain it out really well with cheese cloth
or a cocktail shaker even

I saw something about Absolut Peppar, a flavored vodka: "Absolut Peppar is a common vodka containing a complex taste of green jalapeno peppers and fiery capsicum spices like paprika and chili."

I bet that would make a pretty interesting base for a salsa cocktail....maybe just add some tomato juice.

EDiT: There are some pretty interesting Absolut Peppar cocktail recipes to be found if you just google it.

Last edited:
Absolut Pepper Rocks! I particularly am known to shake Franks Red Hot in beer. Old Chicago has a pepper beer too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom