What are you drinking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Work is difficult enough without adding a hangover to the mix, so I never drink during the week. The weekend is an entirely different matter. However, I'll only drink to excess, and not a drop more.

Friday evening is going to be a Dark and Stormy night. Goslings rum (from bermuda, tastes very much like molasses) with Goya's ginger beer (one of the spiciest around), and a twist of lime.

I have some silly mango wine coolers for down the shore on Saturday afternoon.

Mojito's for cocktail hour on Saturday evening

Calera Pinot with dinner

Cockburn's special reserve port with dessert

I'm ready for my cocktail now, Mr. DeMille.....:kiss:

Right now I an a little drunk because I had six to seven ounces of taquila at once, but still sober enough to type.

hahhaha

Banana Brain said:
Right now I an a little drunk because I had six to seven ounces of taquila at once, but still sober enough to type.

No, darling, you are not, hahahahaha

Erik said:
Not sure...maybe a little something different, hmmm...suggestions...I like anything!!!

All sorts of suggestions can be made...what are your plans, and what are you dining on?

Maybe This? I'm not sure yet. Gotta see what's left in the kegs...

John

Attachments

• benderbrau.jpg
    benderbrau.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 113
Water, I'm afraid, this heat is making me very dehydrated!

I'm holding an outdoor lunch party on Sunday - so white and red wines available as well as large pitchers of Pimm's.

VeraBlue said:
No, darling, you are not, hahahahaha
Do you mean I wasn't sober enough to type at the time because I wrote "an" instead of "am" or that I wasn't drunk? I did end up getting drunker later on (without any added alchohol, except maybe one more sip) and it lasted a long time, maybe because I never drink and don't weigh very much so it had quite an impact on me. I just finally wanted to try tequila last night, so I had a shot of three ounces, then went "why is this working?" and had another ounce, then two or three more ounces. Then finally after I'd had all that did I start watching TV maybe ten or so minutes later, and began to wonder if I was feeling the effects of alchohol when I started talking right back to Racheal Ray. As I stood up to walk upstairs, I realized that yes I definatly was.

I'll be drinking my new Wedding Ale I made for my son's wedding, followed by a few Dark As Night Stouts which I also made.
For later in the evening I will sip a burbon on ice with a splash of water... probably a Knob Creek or a Bookers....

I'll be working on Dad's shore house this weekend, so it'll be Bud light during the day and Bud heavy at night:LOL:

We're having some nice fresh lemonaid. Got a great deal on a bag of lemons at the grocery store yesterday and we haven't had any fresh in awhile.

Banana Brain said:
Do you mean I wasn't sober enough to type at the time because I wrote "an" instead of "am" or that I wasn't drunk?

...its cause you misspelled tequila! :LOL:

anyway...i was thinking of having jack and ginger (jack daniels and ginger ale), but as it gets closer to quitting time...im starting to crave a vodka martini (dirty)... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom