What is your favourite cocktail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I've ever had a margarita made with sugar. The restaurant where I order it doesn't use margarita mix. They specialize in tequila - you can get a flight for tasting - so they make them from all fresh ingredients.
I do order them at one resto, and yes, they use all fresh ingredients too. It's just that most places don't make good Margaritas. I was very surprised to find that most of the recipes online for Margaritas include sugar.

I've never had a margarita made from a mix in a restaurant....

But I only order them in Tex mex kinda places

Has anyone here been to Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Greenwich village ??

Do you consider mimosas and belinis cocktails? I do not like hard liquor, so that's as close as I come to a cocktail. If I happen to be at a function where you are expected to have as drink in your hand, I usually order Campari and soda.

Last edited:
Most cocktail have something I am intolerant too, mostly lemon but I have found Rhubarb moijto and Strawberry lush and Gorgeous that I can drink and that makes me happy.

img_1515476_0_1005f0778ff3ea1f3243d2ca9c96fb87.png

Do you consider mimosas and belinis cocktails? I do not like hard liquor, so that's as close as I come to a cocktail. If I happen to be at a function where you are expected to have as drink in your hand, I usually order Campari and soda.
Of course. Anything with liquor and a mixer is a cocktail. A bellini is one of my favorites :yum:

Most cocktail have something I am intolerant too, mostly lemon but I have found Rhubarb moijto and Strawberry lush and Gorgeous that I can drink and that makes me happy.
I don't know what all your intolerances are, but there are dozens of spirits combined in different ways with different mixers. Many include citrus but at least as many don't. .

I'm allergic to Tanqueray gin, not physically, but from experience (a bad one).

I enjoy wine and good wine ..

And it is common living in the Mediterranean to have a glass or 2 with lunch and dinner .. At this time of year, I particulary like Rosés or Provençal Blushes, Cava and Prosecco or when in France, Champagne ..

Cocktails: Campari, a splash of Gin & Club Soda with a slice of lemon ..

I also enjoy a Bio naturally made boutique small produced Gin called "Mare" from Minorca with a splash of Tonic ..

I had a marvelous Mojito, one evening with Cuban Rum .. It was very refreshing ..

I am not a grand enthisast of anything too too sweet ..

Depends where I am and the season ..

Have a lovely day ..
Thank you for posting.
I'm very partial to Menorcan gin, too. Can't buy it in UK and I've long ago finished my secret stash brought home from the island.

Last edited:
Has to be a Martini extra dry. We like either a gin martini with Olives ( 2 each because we're greedy) or a Vodka Martini with a twist of Lemon peel............is it 6pm yet? Please

Has to be a Martini extra dry. We like either a gin martini with Olives ( 2 each because we're greedy) or a Vodka Martini with a twist of Lemon peel............is it 6pm yet? Please

I like mine a little dirty sometimes too. Have you tried the Vesper Martini of James Bond fame? That has your twist of lemon peel.

Saul: Wines & Champagnes

I also love wines and champagnes. I am in France and Hungary yearly so I drink my fair share of the good stuff. Still, I am completely ignorant when it comes to fine wines and I always appreciate a good recommendation if you have any.

Do you prefer reds, rosés, blushes or whites ? Which desginations are your favorites ?

Do you prefer reds, rosés, blushes or whites ? Which desginations are your favorites ?

Reds and whites. I like French and Hungarian wine best. German wines are also good. While I am by no means a wine snob and nowhere near knowledgeable enough, I usually gravitate towards cabs, zins, rieslings, and tokaji wines. Please give me any recommendations you have!

Apart from the odd classic cocktail, my very favourite pre-meal 'cocktail' is Champagne. I love it, but it has to be good, and I don't mind spending a lot of money on it. I totally subscribe to the famously wise words of Madame Lily Bollinger, who said:

"I drink Champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it..... unless I'm thirsty".

Words that I entirely endorse. A champagne cocktail is almost as satisfying, when I'm with friends. The Champagne of my personal is Jacques Selosse Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs. It's a champagne of epic proportions. I've known the Selosse family now for about thirty years, and If I can get a case of it these days it's like like gold, and very expensive. His Champagne cocktail is amazing, even though it's made from the lesser quality of his range.

if you do a search on the Web, you will find that he does a Champagne that's one of the most expensive on the market.

di reston

Enouch is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Apart from the odd classic cocktail, my very favourite pre-meal 'cocktail' is Champagne. I love it, but it has to be good, and I don't mind spending a lot of money on it. I totally subscribe to the famously wise words of Madame Lily Bollinger, who said:

"I drink Champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it..... unless I'm thirsty".

Words that I entirely endorse. A champagne cocktail is almost as satisfying, when I'm with friends. The Champagne of my personal is Jacques Selosse Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs. It's a champagne of epic proportions. I've known the Selosse family now for about thirty years, and If I can get a case of it these days it's like like gold, and very expensive. His Champagne cocktail is amazing, even though it's made from the lesser quality of his range.

if you do a search on the Web, you will find that he does a Champagne that's one of the most expensive on the market.

di reston

Enouch is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Haha I feel the same as you. My champagne of choice is Veuve Clicquot. I am not sure if you have ever seen the television show Absolutely Fabulous, but they drink Veuve in similar quantities to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom