What the heck is this drinking game vessel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillBurgh

Sous Chef
No it's not a hookah! This is reportedly a German drinking vessel of some sort. Apparently you play some sort of drinking game with it and alternate suck-holes as you pass it around the table. I tried to google a bunch of different phrases and can't come up with anything. Any ideas?

Those are my friends Jennifer and Kinsey. They posed for me and look rather silly:-p.
picture.php

It is woodn and the top is a lid that simply rests there, so surely it would tip off if you tried to tilt it back too far. It had 4 or 5 drinky holes..

I think it's a form of what's called a puzzle jug or the related fuddling cup. The puzzle is that the only way to drink from it is to block off certain holes. I've never seen one in wood, only pottery. Could you post a better pic of the jug?

I think it's a form of what's called a puzzle jug or the related fuddling cup. The puzzle is that the only way to drink from it is to block off certain holes. I've never seen one in wood, only pottery. Could you post a better pic of the jug?

Sorry I don't have any other pics. It's no longer in my possession. But I googled the fuddling and puzzle jugs, and I don't think they are quite the same. Though I like the fuddling cup a whole lot!! I t didn't seem so much that it was a trick to drink out of it so much other than the no quite secure top. The lid was pretty small and all you really needed to do was place your finger on top. But I didn't drink out of it so it is possible that in practice it is "trickier" than it looks.

I have one similar to it except it's a tea vessel from Taiwan that I got from a friend. I will ask her and let you know what it might be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom