What's Your Favorite Condiment in a Bloody Mary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neeney

Senior Cook
I'm sitting here, enjoying a very large bloody mary...thought it would be fun to see what different things people put in their bloody mary?

I put in this order on my stick: Cocktail Onion, cube of cheese, rolled up pickled asparagus, an olive, piece of pickled okra, pickled chunk of hot pepper, and last but not least, a chunk of celery.

neeney, that's a tasty salad.

a bloody mary is vodka, tomato juice, freshly grated horseradish, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and a celery stick.

in my neck o' the woods, anyway.

neeney, that's a tasty salad.

a bloody mary is vodka, tomato juice, freshly grated horseradish, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and a celery stick.

in my neck o' the woods, anyway.

LOL, BuckyTom...we always joke that we are also having a low-cal lunch in our bloody mary. The stuff on the stick is so good, especially after sitting in your bloody mary for awhile. We make them so large it takes quite awhile to finish it!

Course, by the time we get done with one...it be*come*s qu*i*te ha*rd to t*yp*e (hehehe)

I make mine the same as Andy but I like to throw in a couple olives and celery. I love when I order one in a restaurant and it comes with a shrimp.

I always like it when a seafood restaurant puts a boiled shrimp on the edge of the glass... One of my favorite taverns puts a dill pickle spear and big green olives in them...

I make mine with Spicy Hot V-8, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, celery salt, tabasco, pepper and lime wedge. And of course the VODKA. I'll add to a stick; jalapeno stuffed olives, shrimp and tabasco pickles, sometimes a wedge of green pepper.
I think I'll go make one now!!!!

Barb

Last edited:
Those all sound really good. We like ours spicy so we add extra horseradish, tabasco, and black pepper to them. Along with celery and olives.

Ooooh...sounds good. I go with the standard, plus a couple bigs slices of lime. My dear old gran swears the secret ingrediant is clam juice, I have to agree.

Had a bloody mary at Legal Seafoods last weekend and it came with the biggest celery stalk I've ever seen. I looked around to see if I was on Candid Camera.

I'm sitting here, enjoying a very large bloody mary...thought it would be fun to see what different things people put in their bloody mary?

I put in this order on my stick: Cocktail Onion, cube of cheese, rolled up pickled asparagus, an olive, piece of pickled okra, pickled chunk of hot pepper, and last but not least, a chunk of celery.
Are you making soup or a coctail?

Wow, it's something else. For me the drink should be as simple as possible.

Vodka and plain tomato juice is the best Bloody mary.

V8, celery salt, celery seed, worcestershire, vodka, and a celery stick with the leafy greens still on top :brows:

I was in an airport in Hawaii once, hungover and traveling to a different island. My SO and I decided a Bloody Mary was just the ticket during our wait for the flight. The waitperson brought us our drinks with a huge, limp dill pickle in it. We thought it was an error, but looking at the drinks menu showed that it was one of their specialities. The drink was good, but I eschewed the pickle.

Back
Top Bottom