Who likes a sugar rimmed cocktail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you feel about sugar rimmed drinks?

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

crankin

Senior Cook
I really do not like it when restaurants serve a drink in a cocktail glass and sugar the rim. I know, usually these are sweet drinks, but to me it makes it too sweet. And then your lips get all sticky from the sugar. Then again, I really do not like overly sweet drinks anyways...

The only "rimmed" drink that is okay in my book is the margarita.

I don't care for the sweet Fru Fru drinks at all!! No thank you!! Keep your umbrella!!!

A Margarita (salt rimmed) can be good sometimes!!

i do not drink sugary drinks so I would never have occasion to have a sugared rim. I do not like salt on the rim of my margaritas either. The reason I do not like that is after each sip a little bit of salt falls into the drink and sinks to the bottom. When you take that last sip you get a mouthful of very salty margarita. Yuck.

To tell the truth I haven't had a sugar rimmed drink...doesn't sound too tasty...BUT OH YEAH salt rimmed magaritas!!!!!! YUM!

I really do not like it when restaurants serve a drink in a cocktail glass and sugar the rim. I know, usually these are sweet drinks, but to me it makes it too sweet. And then your lips get all sticky from the sugar. Then again, I really do not like overly sweet drinks anyways...

The only "rimmed" drink that is okay in my book is the margarita.

I agree, i hate having sticky lips because its uncomfortable while eating and talking to people :LOL:

I'm not big on sweet drinks, but I do like the contrast of a sugar rim with a tart drink. I like the sugar on the rare occasion that I have a sweet drink!!!! Nice surprise because I know I always expected it to be salt!

I don't mind a sugar rim on the right drink. I like an Italian Margarita with a sugared rim. I do not do salted rim on anything - bar salt is just too pronounced and I'd swell up like a Macy's parade balloon :ohmy:.

Just in case anyone wonders, an Italian Margarita is made the same way except substitute Amaretto for the Triple Sec - OMG - it's wonderful and I don't even like Amaretto!!!!!!!!!!!

I coat my rim with napalm and insanity sauce...no girl drink drunk for me.:cool::angel:

On occasion, well once a week or so, I really like my Margo on the rocks with salt.

Back
Top Bottom