Wine for sausages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sausagefans.com

Assistant Cook
Does anyone (UK) out there do a good wine to drink with sausages? Some of the stuff I've seen tastes good with it but I'm yet to find something specifically to bring out the flavour of the banger.

Thanks

Stephen

Hello!

I suppose it all depends on the type of bangers you're cooking and eating! Pork, beef, very herby ones like Lincolnshire sausages - Cumberland...

Personally, when serving Bangers and mash with onion gravy, only beer will do. (I don't like beer - but my husband does!)

As much as lugaru know's better than to enter sausage into a search engine, I ran a yahoo on wine and sausage:

http://www.lombano.com/vivian/sausage.html <- Aparently there's a wine and sausage festival!

Aparently there's also a variety of french sausages that use wine in their elaboration, and you know what they say about pairing food with the wine used in it.

Last but not least my own suggestion: I dont know if you have it in the UK but there's some deliciously dense and spicy sausages that include a LOT of organ meat (mostly beef hearts) and man are those satisfying. Pair it with a sweet, dark red wine (like a consagration wine) and you've got a really nice meal.

Back
Top Bottom