Cold brew coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard of it Taxi, but it sure looks like a lot of trouble. I though the salt thing was interesting. Maybe if I tasted it, it would be worth the trouble?
TJ's sells bottles of CBC, maybe I give one a try, as I do enjoy Iced Coffee with cream and sugar.

I enjoy cold Brew, we used it when Shrek and I were buying Jamaican Blue Mountain. It was the preferred method for that coffee. Nice clean taste. I would not go to the trouble with my daily grind, but would if I spent the money on a gourmet coffee.

I haven't done it. Sure seems to require a lot of beans though. One to one; water to beans. Brewed coffee is more like 16:1.

I bought 2 glass carafes with metal microfilters at Christmas from Amazon. You use coarse grind coffee and room temp water, let it sit in the fridge for 24-48 hours (I have left it a little longer because I forgot about it) depending on how strong you like your coffee, then remove the filter. They have rubber (?) rimmed lids that close tightly. You remove the lid to pour. The coffee will supposedly stay fresh for 2 weeks, though has never made it that long. We like them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom