Cranberry Juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Cook
Why is it that I can't find 100% cranberry juice? Does it exist? I always find it blended with at least two other types of juices.

very very very tart! If you are looking for it for health reasons, try capsules. Or you might try running fresh cranberries through a juicer if you have one!

I found it at a local health food store, although I can't remember a brand name right off the top of my head. Yes, it's hardly drinkable it's so tart. It needs to be blended with other types of juices.

BC

The cranberry juice cocktail you buy in the stores is diluted (to about 10%)with water to make it drinkable. If it's diluted with other juices, then it becomes cran-apple or cran-grape...

You cannot find Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice? It may be a bit diluted as Andy said, but thats ok right? Sounds healthy to me even if apple or grape are added.

I personally always buy 100% juice blends because the cocktails have added sugar. Also, the total cranberry juice % in blends is sometimes, i.e. Northland brand has 17% cranberry juice. But a juice cocktail is 15% total combined juices. IMO, if you are looking to benefit from the benefits of cranberry, you will get the most from 100% juice blends, 100% concentrate as bluecat recommended, or capsules. :)

I do buy only the juices that are 100% juice, but just wondered why it was never 100% cranberry juice. Thanks for the responses everyone!

apple and eve brand makes a good one. it's cranberry juice cocktail, but with much less sugar than ocean spray, or other well known brands.

I have not tried either of them but you can get 100% cranberry jucie from the brand Clement and Pappas, and in the UK from the brand Biona.

Back
Top Bottom