Do you know what's Really in your Tea??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have lived this long, and I wasn't worried before, and I am not worried now. As the song said, "I Will Survive!" :angel:

It really wasn't the Food Babe site that was providing the information. It was more the link she provided to Glaucus Research. This is the link I should have provided.
https://glaucusresearch.com/consumer-watchdog-reports/

From Glaucus Research comes this bit of (almost hidden) information:

"DISCLAIMER:
The research and reports on this website reflect the opinions of Glaucus Research Group California, LLC (“Glaucus Research”), and we have based our opinions on facts and evidence collected and analyzed, all of which we set out in our research reports to support our opinions. "

Yep, right there in very faint lettering at the bottom. :) (Always start at the bottom of any research)

I like my tea. I know there may be bad things in it, but the same may be said of many other foods.

It was an interesting article, though, and thank you posting this! I may look at this further.

With love,
~Cat

I recently came across a bunch of very old photographs of vacationers, some dating back to the 1800's. I must say, the English LOVE, LOVE their tea. Here they are dressed in the hottest clothing and sitting at the beach on a boardwalk, drinking their tea in cups with saucers. There is one of a walkup stand that serves tea in cup and saucer and they stand around drinking holding the saucer in one hand and their cup in the other. Some showed picnickers sitting on the beach on a blanket, with their cups and saucers. No matter where, they must have their cups and saucers. Another thing were the hats. The woman wore hats to the beach even during the days when they started to wear those "coverall" bathing suits. There they are sitting on a blanket on the beach in their bathing suits with their hats on. And always drinking their tea.

I don't care what is in the tea. When I need some quiet relaxing time, tea does it best. And what kids doesn't feel grownup when Mom lets them have a cup of tea with toast. Milk and sugar of course.

Today, we are just same. We have to have that morning cup of coffee to get our day started. :angel:

I recently came across a bunch of very old photographs of vacationers, some dating back to the 1800's. I must say, the English LOVE, LOVE their tea. Here they are dressed in the hottest clothing and sitting at the beach on a boardwalk, drinking their tea in cups with saucers. There is one of a walkup stand that serves tea in cup and saucer and they stand around drinking holding the saucer in one hand and their cup in the other. Some showed picnickers sitting on the beach on a blanket, with their cups and saucers. No matter where, they must have their cups and saucers. Another thing were the hats. The woman wore hats to the beach even during the days when they started to wear those "coverall" bathing suits. There they are sitting on a blanket on the beach in their bathing suits with their hats on. And always drinking their tea.

I don't care what is in the tea. When I need some quiet relaxing time, tea does it best. And what kids doesn't feel grownup when Mom lets them have a cup of tea with toast. Milk and sugar of course.

Today, we are just same. We have to have that morning cup of coffee to get our day started. :angel:

You are right! Mamma gave me tea when I was very young and I did feel all grown up!

I can't have coffee. It smells wonderful, and DA loves it, but when I drank this for the first time, my stomach became very upset and I was nauseaus.

So, I like tea.

With love,
~Cat

FoodBabe (the article in the first post) also has something to say about coffee, pesticides and Starbucks.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom