Drink from youth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Does anyone else remember Cherry Phosphate's? We used to go to the Triangle Cafe after school and get a Cherry Phosphate and an order of fries. Oh, nothing tasted better. I don't think anyone makes them any more.
Do you remember any drink you use to enjoy that you can't get anymore?

You ask for memories to come forward. And they do.

When I was a child, we drank a bottled "soda pop" called Chocolate Soldier, which could be compared to today's Yahoo. It was good. I'd forgotten all about it. Thanks for helping me remember such a yummy taste.

JoAnn L said:
Uncle Bob, I have to ask, what is a Lake Celery?

It was a drink that came in a green bottle...sweet with a taste of Celery. That's about all I remember. Don't think they lasted very long. I can't imagine why?????:LOL:

Schwartz drug store had a soda fountain where we kids got Green River, chocolate phosphates, black cow (root beer float ) and a head carved out of a coconut husk
oh the memories of child hood

Schwartz drug store had a soda fountain where we kids got Green River, chocolate phosphates, black cow (root beer float ) and a head carved out of a coconut husk
oh the memories of child hood
Oh Dave, I haven't had a black cow in forever! Thanks for reminding me - that's something I can remedy. (And I love those coconut heads - I have a coconut monkey!)

When I was a child (long time ago - I just turned 64), my favorite bottled drink was Delaware Punch. I especially liked it because it was not carbonated, and I don't care for fizzy drinks. I had not seen it for decades - then, when we moved to Mexico last year, there it was! In a can, not a bottle, but the very same taste. Does anyone else remember it? Grapey and fruity - very good.

Back
Top Bottom