Hot Caramel-Apple Cider Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BellaCucina

Assistant Cook
A really good friend shared this recipe last year, it's delicious on a cool, crisp day!

HOT CARAMEL-APPLE CIDER DRINK
(Very similar to Starbuck's version)

In a saucepan, heat the cider with a sprinkling of good cinnamon mixed in.
In the bottom of your coffee mug, place about 1 Tablespoon or so of caramel topping (see below).

Fill mug with the hot cinnamon-apple cider. Place a BIG dollop of REAL whipped cream on top, drizzle a generous scribble of caramel over the cream, sprinkle a light dusting of either nutmeg or cinnamon; your choice.

This hot drink is absolutely DELICIOUS and tastes just like the drink from Starbuck's.

I use Smucker's Caramel Topping (for ice cream) in a caramel-colored squirt bottle. The plastic squeeze-bottle says Caramel syrup (fat free).

Hope you like it as much as we do. :chef:

this looks soooo good! I love that apple drink starbucks makes. I also get a similar one at nordstroms around the holidays.

With labor day coming to an end, we are entering into my favorite time of the year...sept, oct, nov and december. When the weather starts to cool out comes the comfort food for me! This hot carmel apple cider looks like the perfect comfort drink. I'll definitely try this out, thanks for posting it!

Bluespanishsky, Did you say Nordstrom???! :ermm: :whistling
Never heard of the place. :angel: :LOL:

Thanks for the nice words everybody! One thing I forgot to mention as a heads-up. The first time I made this I added a little too much Caramel sauce on the bottom of the cup---more is better, right?! :pig:
:yuk: It was waay too sweet.

I love autumn/fall, too. I can't wait to read (and try) some of your favorite recipes.

Sounds divine! Fall is my favourite season too Bella, thanks so much for posting this recipe it is going straight into my collection! :)

Fresh

just heated some cider and wondered about caramel. I wanted try recipe with cinnamon and apple coffee cake and then drizzle caramel icing on it. Looked three different stores no caramel icing. Now that I have seen your suggestion I will get Smuckers Caramel topping and make the icing myself and use some for my cider if I have any cider left. Usually when we start drinking something don't stop till all gone. May have to get more cider but i won't mind love it anytime. Thanks for recipe

Agree

Bella, I agree that it is delicious now that the weather is changed. I never would have looked in the ice cream department for carmel. thanks so much.

I Love It

I will definatly have to make this! Not only do I love cider but I also love Starbucks. Thank you for the great recipe.:)

Back
Top Bottom