How Do You Drink Your Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A flat white is essentially a latte but without the small head of froth at the top.

For all intents and purposes its the same, although some would disagree with me on this one, it all depends on how people make it. Some people would say the only difference is that a flat white is served in your typical ceramic coffee cup, while a lattle is served in an actual glass.

Others also say that a flat white should be stronger than a latte. It all falls on what the barista was taught, it is as simple as that.

Haggis said:
I have never touched instant coffee, never will either. I think I would rather suck on an old sock drenched in water :).

LOL Haggis - Before the stovetop percolator I would make instant when our power went out!!!!!!! It was well worth it too!!!!!! LOL

I like my coffee with splenda and some heavy cream - I am trying to switch to no fat half and half but it's REALLY hard!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like my slightly cool with vanilla cream.

At Starbucks though.. my favorite is a double tall white mocha with caramal cream and whipped cream...

I'm trying to be "good" though so, I've been ordering plain short white mochas. Still good but not as good.

What I like to do sometimes is froth my milk. I have a battery operated hand frother , I heat the milk (about 1/4 cup) in a mug in the microwave for about one minute. Then use the hand frother to froth it , set it aside while coffee is brewing. When coffee is ready, I pour down the side of the mug which the frothed milk is in. Sometimes I just drink coffee with half and half and sugar.

tiniest bit of sugar, not even 1/8 tsp, probably don't need it, and Coffee Mate coconut creme. On Saturdays though, it's Starbucks Vinti White Chocolate Mocha Frappacino. YUMMY!!

I'm really in the minority. I drink one cup of coffee once a week (Sunday) in the cold weather months. Then, it's freshly-brewed coffee, one packet of artificial sweetener and a bit of 2% milk.

Buck says he can always feel the "buzz" of coffee, but I've never been able to. Even when I was in college pulling all-nighters, no matter how much coffee or No-Doz I took, I still dropped off to sleep. Go figure.

I'm really in the minority. I drink one cup of coffee once a week (Sunday) in the cold weather months. Then, it's freshly-brewed coffee, one packet of artificial sweetener and a bit of 2% milk.

Buck says he can always feel the "buzz" of coffee, but I've never been able to. Even when I was in college pulling all-nighters, no matter how much coffee or No-Doz I took, I still dropped off to sleep. Go figure.

:LOL: I don't drink it to stay awake myself. It's for the taste and habit really, I guess. I can wake up and drink 2-3 cups and go right back to sleep without a problem. LOL We are just weird:-p:ROFLMAO:

This reminds me, I have a fresh pot in the kitchen...
Most of the time I make it a Gevalia coffee maker with the 'shower head'. I fill it with 4 cups of water and grind the beans fresh and into dust. If you have a grinder with the various grind settings, think 'Turkish'. I don't measure the beans, just fill the grinder to the top, looks to be about 1/3 or so. When it is done brewing, I add another 4 cups of hot water from the electric boiler. This reduces the percolating time and gets you a better flavor.
To this I add a little sugar, about a tsp for a large mug (12oz I think).
The best way is to heat the water in an electric pot, grind the beans, about 4tbsp, and put into a French press, then pour half a cup of water over it and push thru into a cup. Then fill the cup the rest of the way up with hot water.
Learned all this from a guy at the farmers market that buys his beans fresh and roasts them himself for sale at the farmers market. His beans are better than Gevalia but harder to get during the winter. He doesn't roast regularly when it dips below freezing around here!
I prefer dark roasts, really dark roasts, pitch black strong roasts, LOL. I find the stronger and more flavorful the coffee, the less you want to put in it before drinking it.
The wife still uses cream and sugar. And not milk, she will only use cream.

I almost never drink coffee out but will have an ice coffee or an affagato (without the liquour). I used to drink a fair bit of coffee when I was living with my mum cos at the time she drank heaps of the stuff. I couldn't keep up. Now, I have a coffee after some meals, like a toasted cheese sandwich or cheese and biscuits but only at home or my mum's and only when it is instant. (Anyone got some smelling salts?? Half of DC just collapsed in horror!!! LOL) That's right, I only like instant coffee, and only mild ones at that. Equal parts sugar to coffee and enough milk to make it still brown, a bit darker than an ice coffee.

I guess I'm not huge on hot drinks though anyway.

I think its just us...

During the week, lite white (mif - milk in first in either tea or coffee), decaf moccona coffee less than 0.3g and no sugar then on Saturdays, Starbucks, skim decaf caramel latte accompanied by vegemite bagel.

I think we tend to have a lot more instant here Bilby unless you go out.

I think we tend to have a lot more instant here Bilby unless you go out.
Dunno Cath. Maybe I just associate with coffee snobs but I always get looked down upon when I say I like instant!! Luckily I still have my shoulder pads from the 80's so I just put them in when I go out with them. I am then prepared for their criticism!! :LOL:

Two teaspoons of sugar and a tablespoon or so of cinnamon-hazelnut flavored creamer. One cup in the morning with the paper and I'm done (most of the time). Sometimes on weekend afternoons, I make a tall cup with Swiss Miss hot chocolate added to the coffee.

I don't actually like coffee by itself - it's too bitter. I started drinking it when I met DH way back in college. He started drinking coffee at about age 14 when he delivered the morning paper before school, starting around 4 a.m.

I drink mine like Paige does in the comic strip 'Fox Trot'. She's in the kitchen fixing her cup of coffee when Jason looks over and asks her if she likes a little coffee in her sugar. She has put a whole cup of sugar in her coffee cup and added one drop of coffee on top of the sugar. Seriously though, I prefer mine sweet but not that sweet. I love the way coffee smells, but hate the way it tastes. My cup has to have at least 3 inches sugar sediment in it by the time I get finished drinking it, so it's not worth it for me to drink.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom