How do you like to drink coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you like your coffee?

• Total voters
Bryan, I like to add cinnamon to my coffee grounds, too. In fact, I have a pot brewing right now. I've added other spices like allspice or nutmeg or apple pie spice...also vanilla extract.

I like my coffee any way I can get it.

Here in Canada there is a chocolate bar called Coffee Crisp and the commercial used to ask "How do you like YOUR coffee?" And the answer was "CRISP!" Cute, great chocolate bars too.

Nutmeg sounds good. I remember one morning when I had family over and we had been up "talking" fairly late.The following morning my brother made the coffee. It was good but spicy. I asked him what he had done and he said 'made the coffee'. I went into the kitchen and noticed he had used the coffee grinder I used for grinding spices and the coffeee had picked up on some peppers we had ground the day before. It was strange but it was still coffee.

I just bought some pure vanilla powder, maybe I will brew up some coffee with vanilla and drink it iced.

Bryan

bknox said:
I like my coffee so sweet that if they made caffiened sugar and creamer, I would probably just drink that.
Bryan

Bryan, you sound like my sister. Let's see if I can get this right - her order at Starbucks:
"Grande caramel macchiatto, 7 pumps of vanilla, no make it 9"

(she's quite the opposite of me! If I'm going to have sugar with my coffee, it will be inside a brownie!)

jkath said:
Bryan, you sound like my sister. Let's see if I can get this right - her order at Starbucks:
"Grande caramel macchiatto, 7 pumps of vanilla, no make it 9"

(she's quite the opposite of me! If I'm going to have sugar with my coffee, it will be inside a brownie!)

jkath, that is sooooo me!! give me a brownie or a cookie to go with my unadulterated (is that a word??) coffee...:LOL:

load up and let's GO!
56.gif

Coffee is one of the few things I really just can't stand. It even smells awful to me. And I don't want it in my chocolate, milkshake, or alcohol either.
Thing being, drinking coffee is a social grace of sorts, and I have really tried to develope a taste for it.

I'm just weird, I guess.

Constance said:
Coffee is one of the few things I really just can't stand. It even smells awful to me. And I don't want it in my chocolate, milkshake, or alcohol either.
Thing being, drinking coffee is a social grace of sorts, and I have really tried to develope a taste for it.

I'm just weird, I guess.

You're not alone, constance. My hubby is the same way. He actually really likes coffee ice cream (as long as it's not too strong) and doesn't mind the smell of freshly brewed coffee, but can't stomach drinking it himself. This puts my grandma, a complete coffee freak, over the edge. I feel so badly for him when we go visit. She'll continue to ask him if he's sure he doesn't want a cup and acts completely shocked when he says that he doesn't care for coffee!

Constance, I am the same with tea. So that makes me a Southern who doesn't drink tea! I can make it, and it's pretty good from what the drinkers tell me.

I have tried, iced tea, hot tea, herbal tea, tea with honey. I just can not aquire a taste for it. And I hear green tea is really good for you.

I like my coffee black or as they said when we were in Jamaica "straight from the mountain". I like it strong, but not bitter (like Starbucks :sick: ). I like to be able to actually taste the coffee flavor.

GB said:
I like my coffee black or as they said when we were in Jamaica "straight from the mountain". I like it strong, but not bitter (like Starbucks :sick: ). I like to be able to actually taste the coffee flavor.

I"m glad to hear you say that about Starbucks' coffee...I've felt practically unAmerican 'cause I don't like their coffee! :LOL:

I don't like their coffee either. I found if I use half the amount of coffee of what I would normally use, then I can drink it.

Very few people who I know actually enjoy Starbucks. The few that I know who do like it are the ones who get their coffee loaded with so much other stuff that it is no longer coffee :cool:

Back
Top Bottom