How to use a coffee machine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonr

Senior Cook
I want to make coffee in a coffee machine, but I have no idea how much ground coffee to use per cup. The manual says 1 "scoop" per cup of water, but what the hell is a "scoop"? Does anyone how many TBSP/Tsp ground coffee should go into a cup?

My scoop holds 3 tablespoons of water. I use two scoops of coffee per 8 cups of water. Makes coffee that I like. Some may like it stronger.

The 'traditional' school of thought is one tablespoon per cup of coffee, plus another tablespoon "for the pot", but that makes it too much like mud, IMO.

1 coffee scoop = 1/8 cup.

We use 1 scoop per every 2 cups water. Since we use mugs instead of cups it comes out to about 2 cups = 1 mug.

One "scoop" is approximately 1/8 ounce, by weight, of coffee. I have several different coffee scoops and, althought they are different shapes and materials, they hold pretty much the same amount of coffee, and the weight was the same whether I scooped whole beans or ground coffee. I normally use one scoop for every two cups the coffeemaker says it makes, which should give you a ball park figure, but you are going to have to experiment for your own taste because I don't know how strong you like your coffee.

Back
Top Bottom