Leftover coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I keep thinking that when I make coffee and have a lot leftover, I should keep it in the fridge so I can have iced coffee later. Well, I was wondering, how long would the coffee in the fridge stay good/good-tasting for? Does anyone else do this?

I don't find regular hot coffee to be strong enough for the iced version, especially once the ice starts melting. My leftover morning coffee, if it doesn't go in a thermos for later, is water the plants.

I don't find regular hot coffee to be strong enough for the iced version, especially once the ice starts melting. My leftover morning coffee, if it doesn't go in a thermos for later, is water the plants.

I like my coffee worthy of the horseshoe test. If you throw a horseshoe in the coffee pot and it doesn't stand up, it's not strong enough.

I like my coffee worthy of the horseshoe test. If you throw a horseshoe in the coffee pot and it doesn't stand up, it's not strong enough.

Ditto here. And we make just enough for her to have a large cup and me to have a large cup (think two cup mug sized), so rarely do we have leftover coffee to worry about.

dh and i have leftover coffee all the time and what we don't drink one morning i put in a jar in the refer. and we reheat it the next morning.

I've heard or freezing leftover coffee in ice cube trays to store and use later when you make iced coffee so when the cubes melt it wont make your iced coffee watery :)

I've heard or freezing leftover coffee in ice cube trays to store and use later when you make iced coffee so when the cubes melt it wont make your iced coffee watery :)

That's a pretty neat idea :)
Too bad you can't freeze Grey Goose for a similar affect :LOL:

Tell me about it....but I guess if you were mixing it with something you can just freeze whatever it is you are mixing it with!

I think that tastewise (for a normal, not gourmet coffe-drinker) it does not change that much from the moment it gets cold. But certainly there are some processes inside the liquid (coffee acids change their quality etc). When the coffee gets cold, it is like the tea gets cold.

Back
Top Bottom