Missing my favourite part of summer :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SodiumPentathol

Assistant Cook
I LOVE Summer drinks, the lovely blended ice drinks that taste like an entire orchard smushed into a blender and pulverized with some ice. But... This summer I've got a baby in my belly, and can't enjoy those delicious creations. What're your favourite virgin summer drinks?!

Fruit Teas - Peach and raspberry are my favorites, with each containing real pieces of minced fruit.

Cucumber lemonade, virgin daquiris and Pina Coladas. Just leave the booze out of any of your faves. Arnold Palmer (half lemonade, half ice tea).

Last edited:
How about a slush boil together 2 cups sugar,with 2 cups water/ Mix this syrup with 1 small can of the following frozen OJ,lemonade, grape juice freezeto serve fill glass 3/4 full of sluch and the add some 7-up let sit a minute and stir and serve. Or try a Limey-piney mix all listed ingredients in blende fil with ice and blend. 106 oz can frozen pineapple juice concentrate 4-tab. sugar, 1-5 oz can frozen limeade 6 oz soda water and 2 bananas. I've left out the rum.:LOL:
hope this helps a little.
kadesma

Lime aide and butterscotch malts. Fruit smoothies made with fresh ripe fruit and plain yogurt or with fresh ripe fruit and a little apple or orange juice depending on the fruit in it. I have to say, watermelon, black cherries, and a little lime blended together with just enough water to make it liquid is also pretty exceptional. So is a mixed melon or mixed berry smoothie.

The problem with the virgin drinks is that most of the time they don't taste like the real thing. And when you have a craving for the real thing, nothing else will do! Especially when you're pregnant. But alas, no alcohol for a preggo. I thought it was a very cruel joke but I craved frozen margaritas non-stop with my 3rd pregnancy. Without the tequila, they aren't the same. After I had her, I didn't want anything to do with a margarita. Go figure.

snickerdoodle said:
The problem with the virgin drinks is that most of the time they don't taste like the real thing. And when you have a craving for the real thing, nothing else will do! Especially when you're pregnant. But alas, no alcohol for a preggo. I thought it was a very cruel joke but I craved frozen margaritas non-stop with my 3rd pregnancy. Without the tequila, they aren't the same. After I had her, I didn't want anything to do with a margarita. Go figure.

I could not imagine a Marg without the tequila! Actually, the daqs and coladas sans booze are pretty good. We used to sell a lot of them when I was a bartender years ago.

You need butterscotch flavoring or butterscotch syrup. I prefer the syrup. You can use the kind you put over ice cream. Then you just put milk, vanilla ice cream, butterscotch syrup and malt powder into the blender and blend away.

That reminded me of grasshoppers! I would think you could just use mint & cocoa syrups blended with some ice cream and milk. OR! What about a mudslide? I found this recipe for it. I'm sure the virgins of these drinks are very similar to the alcoholic ones. What a nice treat it would be on a summer day... yum!

My husband went through a craze of yogurt-based smoothies. I'd make them in the blender and put in the fridge. If you use frozen berries rather than fresh (and to be honest with you, "fresh" can be quite a euphanism), you'll get that slushy, refreshing feeling.

Back
Top Bottom