Non-alcoholic beverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This can be dairy, dairy free, tea, coffee, soft drink, or whatever. Here are some of my favorites, not in any particular order

1. A&W Root Beer from a glass, gallon jug
2. Good apple cider, from a glass gallon jug
3. Home made egg nog, cold or hot
4. hot or cold chocolate, creamy smooth and rich
5. Hot chocolate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream kin it
6. Nesbits, or Nehi Orange Soda-Pop
7. Nesbits Grape Soda-pop
8. Welch's Strawberry Soda-pop
9. Jones' Cream soda-pop
10.Strawberry Malt w/ little chunks of strawberry
11. Butterscotch malt from West Pier ihn SSM, MI
12 7-Up
13. Frosty's root beer in glass bottles
14. birch beer soda-pop
15. Dr. Pepper
16. Shasta black Cherry soda-pop
17. grapefruit juice (one of my all-time favorites
18 fresh squeezed orange juice with lots of pulp
19. Cranberry juice
20. Juma fruit nectars (haven't had one that wasn't really good)
21 pineapple juice
22 juice at the bottom of the cut watermelon bowl, ice cold
23. Hot, homemade broth -mushroom, beef, chicken, turkey, shrimp, clamb, ham, pork, scotch, any of the above.
24. ice-cold, or hot whole milk
25 Rice Dream original flavor rice milk

Ok, name your favs.

Seeeeyal Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Espresso that I make, whether it's straight, iced and black, café au lait, or iced café au lait, Earl Grey tea, club soda, and rosehip and hibiscus tea, especially cold in summer. I am also very fond of unsweetened, unfiltered apple juice. i think you Yankees call that apple cider.

I've only ever known it as Apple Juice (filtered), Apple Cider (pressed Apples) and Hard Apple Cider (fermented). Here, Ontario and the Maritimes. Out west such as BC... I think so too, not sure my memory is good.

Fruit juice concentrate not otherwise diluted, topped with sparkling water. Esp frozen limeade or cranberry juice.

Iced Vietnamese coffee-- sweetened condensed milk topped with about equal amount expresso.

Hot or iced Constant Comment tea.

My list of Non-Alcoholic Drinks:

Water
Coffee with cream & sugar
Peppermint Tea
Plantation Iced Tea
Diet Coca Cola
Henry Weinhard Root Beer
Seltzer with a goodly squeeze of lemon
A VERY cold glass of Whole Milk (with a cookie please :))
Hot Cocoa with a Peppermint Stick to swirl in a HUGE gob of whipped cream

Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice
Lemonade / Limeade
Peach Ice Tea
Tonic water + Cranberry Juice + Squeeze of Lime
Fresh Homemade Apple Cider
Smoothie ( Coconut, pineapple, strawberry, banana mix, sometimes add passion fruit)
Soda (Root beer, Orange, Pineapple)

I've always been an iced tea addict - not the syrupy sweet tea, from down south, but a little sweetness, and always some flavoring in it. In season, some fresh spearmint, occasionally chai tea, and more often, Thai tea - a favorite brand I found (some have an artificial pandanus flavor in them, and definitely are not good), that I dilute about half with regular tea, and has a delicious flavor, the pandanus leaf being the strongest. I go through almost a gallon a day.

Sanpellegrino, Aranciata Rossa. I like the lemon as well, but the orange is much better, IMO.

I really love the Korean melon (honeydew melon) milk along with their banana milk. I bought powdered honeydew just to make the melon milk at home. So delicious!

I tried multiple times to make honeydew melon milk using real honeydew, but for some reason the milk always turned out with a bitter aftertaste. Maybe the blender breaks the honeydew up too much and releases unwanted flavors? (Similar to what I've heard happens to garlic aioli when made and ran in a blender for many minutes?)

Very big on iced tea lately. What we do is select three bags, most recently two decaf Lipton and one decaf Bigelow French Vanilla. We put about 5 cups water in a 2-quart glass measuring cup and nuke it for 5 minutes - hot but not boiling. Add the teabags and allow to sit ten minutes. Then we put ice cubes into a 2 quart old juice bottle, filling it up about halfway. Pour the tea over that, shake it up and refrigerate. We have lovely tasting strong iced tea for two to three days and it's dirt cheap.

We can use any tea we want, obviously. My daughter is fond of Stash decaf chocolate hazelnut tea, which blends well with the French vanilla. I usually like some kind of spicy chai, but I have to stay decaffeinated.

My favorite soft drink, bar none, is Sioux City sarsaparilla. Comes in brown glass bottles, runs about $4.50 a four-pack. Tastes like root beer on steroids.

My wife quite likes Hint water, and I buy it for her because she's a diabetic and it has zero glycemic impact. She likes pretty much every flavor except coconut; I don't like any flavor but coconut.

I still like my club soda and carbonated mineral water. It has a mild, acidic zing and doesn't leave a flavour in my mouth. Sometimes I like to add a tiny bit of some undiluted, unsweetened, pure, cranberry juice.

Back
Top Bottom