The Soda Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
My son purchased the soda machine you see advertised on TV. It was on sale for $79. I got the first bottle. We both drink just plain soda water. It comes with only one bottle. Don't lose the bottle or cap. You have to screw the bottle onto the machine. He is going to purchase another bottle. One for him and one for me. He also received some sample flavor packs. I doubt if they will get used. Certainly not by me. I really like the soda. I don't taste any difference between this and brand name soda water. Plenty of carbonation. Considering the amount of soda water we both drink, well worth the cost. :angel:

I love Soda Water! I must go and see if they have secondhand ones at the store. New machines are very expensive.

You should try making a Malawi Shandy if you're not keen on sweet drinks.

Half Soda Water, half Ginger Ale, dash of Angustura Bitters and a few slices of lemon. Top with loads of ice. Yummy!

My son purchased the soda machine you see advertised on TV. It was on sale for $79. I got the first bottle. We both drink just plain soda water. It comes with only one bottle. Don't lose the bottle or cap. You have to screw the bottle onto the machine. He is going to purchase another bottle. One for him and one for me. He also received some sample flavor packs. I doubt if they will get used. Certainly not by me. I really like the soda. I don't taste any difference between this and brand name soda water. Plenty of carbonation. Considering the amount of soda water we both drink, well worth the cost. :angel:

I'm glad you had better luck with it (sodatream), than I did. The bottle was difficult to screw in & unscrew, & the C02 cannister didn't line up or work. Once the seal was broken on the c02, I couldn't dispose of it or send it back through the mail (hazardous waste). The refill c02 cannisters are expensive, or you can take it to the store & have it replaced. It was a huge headache for me.

ETA: I have a store credit at a store I hate (Kohl's). I would not buy it again.

Last edited:
I will keep an eye on how it goes. My son is pretty good with complicated items. He has the patience of two saints when it comes to putting things together. I will have to ask him about it the next time I see him. Will get back to you as to what he says. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom