Why Kombu Cha?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided I didn't care for kombucha about ten years ago. In Montana...I have to go to Cheyenne to find it around here...not that I am looking.

konbu-cha / Kobu- cha / Kombu- cha = Japanese Kelp tea
Kombucha = Mushroom tea, from Manchuria, it been around for at least 200 years maybe 2000 years, 1913 it was mention as beverage in Germany. Russia and Eastern Europe has been drinking and brewing their version of this since 1900 as far paper trail goes. It is tea and fungus fermented.. Yum?? Nah.. It has 80 different names if any one wonder, this was chosen by health nuts because it sounds more Asian mystic healthy then wonderpilz or Spumonto.

I thought it was a squash...

Attachments

• Laughinglady.GIF
    Laughinglady.GIF
    44.6 KB · Views: 187
konbu-cha / Kobu- cha / Kombu- cha = Japanese Kelp tea
Kombucha = Mushroom tea, from Manchuria, it been around for at least 200 years maybe 2000 years, 1913 it was mention as beverage in Germany. Russia and Eastern Europe has been drinking and brewing their version of this since 1900 as far paper trail goes. It is tea and fungus fermented.. Yum?? Nah.. It has 80 different names if any one wonder, this was chosen by health nuts because it sounds more Asian mystic healthy then wonderpilz or Spumonto.

No wonder there's no mention of kombu or in its ingredients. I thought I was consuming kelp tea all along. I've been duped...... or I'm just clueless... :LOL:

casey, well that mushroom tea, is the type that gives you magic carpet ride.... Medusomyces gisevii just taste like carpet and no magic ride...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom