Your Favorite non-alcoholic beverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What's your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? 1 through 9 can be hot, cold, or iced.
1. Chocolate milk
2. Strawberry milk
3. malted milk
4. tea
5. coffee
6. eg nog (homemade)
7. espresso
8. cappuccino
9. frappe'
10. soda pop
11. ice cream shakes
12. ice cream malt
13. ice cream float
14. other
And how do you make ours, if it's homemade?

My favorites in order are:
  • Eggnog (hot on cold days, cold on hot days)
  • Chocolate milk with malt
  • Hot cocoa
  • Malted Milk
  • Ice cream malt
  • Ice cream shake
  • Hot milk
  • Strawberry milk
  • Ice cream float
  • Hot herbal tea
  • Fruit Juice with ice chips (under other)

Your turn:).

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My next one.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

How are you, brother? It's so good to see you again, Chief of the Long Winds, and Goodweed.

You know, I was just about to start a joke about how no one sees you and I at the same time, like your Clark Kent to, well, you know..

Lol.

May I have a Kryptonite Daquiri, por favor?

My short list is:

1. Coffee (any kind of fresh brewed, not from pods, light to medium roast)
  2. Club soda, sparkling water
  3. Earl Grey, English Breakfast, or Irish Breakfast tea
  4. Unsweetened cranberry juice diluted with water
  5. Milk
  6. Rosehip-and-hibiscus tea

Last edited:
Lemonade
Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice
Apple Cider
Smoothie ( banana, pineapple, berries, coconut..)
Milk Shake
Orange soda
Root beer
Iced tea with lemon ( or Snapple peach iced tea)
Hot Chocolate ( with whipped cream or marshmallows)

In no specific order. Depends on the day and the mood im in.

Coffee while waking. (1 cup only)
A protein shake mid morning.
Water throughout the day.

Iced tea or milkshake when dining out.
Hot cocoa on a cold night.

That's about it.

Ross

I live on iced tea, flavoring it differently, depending on what I'm in the mood for, making almost a gallon of it every day. A lot of Thai tea (but not with the evaporated milk), in the summer a lot of the spearmint goes in the tea, and sometimes some spices, for a chai tea. And only a little sweetening - not that "sweet tea", from down south. Not much on coffee, unless I make it into a dessert.

I make a lot of smoothies, mostly fruits, and especially in the summer, just water. And occasionally, when making Thai food, I make some of that lemongrassaide - a very refreshing drink I make with those trimmings, that goes great with the SE Asian food, but is good on its own, as well.

List NINE favorites? But a favorite is "preferred before all others of the same kind". Anything more than one is just a list. [emoji6]

If there was only one thing I could drink the rest of my life, it would have to be an unflavored black tea with a bit of demerara or turbinado sugar and my dairy blend of whole milk and half-and-half.

I live on iced tea, flavoring it differently, depending on what I'm in the mood for, making almost a gallon of it every day...

Careful of your liquids intake, pepper. I used to drink over 100 ounces a day and ended up with a blood sodium depletion. Now I have to try to stay under 50 ounces daily and have had to use more salt.

Chief, next time you visit family in Oregon, check the local stores for Umpqua Strawberry Milk. It tastes like melted ice cream!

Unfortunately, I've only found it in small stores in Southern Oregon. Lots of stores in the PNW carry the Umpqua products, but not the strawberry milk!

List NINE favorites? But a favorite is "preferred before all others of the same kind". Anything more than one is just a list. [emoji6].

Lol, true. That's why I like to hang out with little kids. Because conversations often lead to "What's your 3rd favorite dinosaur."

I guess I should answer the OP's question.

I would say milk, then very strong but unsweetened iced tea, followed by hot Earl Grey tea, grapefruit juice on ice, with Coke Zero bringing up the rear.

Honorable mentions are Meyer lemonade, chocolate almond milk, Fresca, hot green tea and Darjeeling tea, an egg cream, and cold spring water right from the ground on a hiking trip.

In order:
Water
Black coffee in the morning only
Iced tea with lemon (in the south, I have to specify 'unsweetened' or I get a sugary mess)
The rest of that stuff you can keep. I don't drink soda or other sweet drinks. Even when I have something alcoholic, I don't like it sweet.

Lately, after my morning coffee, I've been drinking a lot of mango lemonade. When it's cold like this, sometimes I have leftover morning coffee (about 1/3 cup) + a couple heaping teaspoons of Penzeys Hot Chocolate Mix + half and half to fill the cup + a splash of hazelnut creamer after heating it up in the microwave = hazelnut café mocha.

Well, like GotGarlic, start off with COFFEE, then switch to a big glass of ice water. Then if needed, pineapple juice to unstuff nose, cranberry juice (women know why lol) and my favorite to drink just for the heck of it......GINGER BEER

Got a new morning beverage I just tried, and it tasted way good. I made homemade pomegranate juice. I cut the fruit in half and removed the little flavor pearls, every ne of them, through them into my high speed blender, and turned them into juice. It made a pint of juice that tastes way better than the stuff you get from the store. I believe If I were to have run it through a fine sieve, it would have been even better. This was thick, rich i flavor, and sweet with no bitterness. It would make a great jam, with no sugar added. I'm thinking that adding a kiwi would make it even better.

Got a new morning beverage I just tried, and it tasted way good. I made homemade pomegranate juice. I cut the fruit in half and removed the little flavor pearls, every ne of them, through them into my high speed blender, and turned them into juice. It made a pint of juice that tastes way better than the stuff you get from the store. I believe If I were to have run it through a fine sieve, it would have been even better. This was thick, rich i flavor, and sweet with no bitterness. It would make a great jam, with no sugar added. I'm thinking that adding a kiwi would make it even better.

THAT sounds very good.
Jeannie picks up a pomegranate often. To me, its too messy but, making juice sounds good. :yum:

Will have to find out if my Ninja Pro will be powerful enough to do this.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom