GCC - Convenience Store Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just can't wrap my head around this one - there is just so much going on and I can barely get my regular shopping done let alone find time to stop at a convenience store. Add to that the fact I have given up chocolate and refined sugar and I think that wouldn't leave me with much to try. I was really looking forward to it but I think I will bow out and have fun watching the rest of you compete. If you want me to do the polls and stuff I will be happy to!

I just can't wrap my head around this one - there is just so much going on and I can barely get my regular shopping done let alone find time to stop at a convenience store. Add to that the fact I have given up chocolate and refined sugar and I think that wouldn't leave me with much to try. I was really looking forward to it but I think I will bow out and have fun watching the rest of you compete. If you want me to do the polls and stuff I will be happy to!

We would be very happy for you to handle the polls. You aren't expected to participate in every one. Heck, I almost didn't make this one because of health reasons.:angel:

It's good that you and Shrek have health leeway to indulge in the junk sold at convenience stores.:LOL:

Actually we don't, but a one time indulgence won't hurt us, either. Each recipe is a one shot, no practice runs.:)

Well it is Tuesday the 29th and still have yet to set foot in the WaWa and see what they have. If I don't make it in there tomorrow I'm going to have to pass on this one. I have to cook the meal this weekend when I have my tasters...um.. judges...erm...dinner companions available to try the food.

I'll make my meal this weekend. I have a pretty good idea of what I will look for and, based on what they have, will decide what I will end up making.

I have everything planned, recipes done and groceries bought...just stuck on a name for my main dish. Cooking this weekend.

well, things change. Apparently DH really wants me to do this one. After my medical test tonight at the hospital he took me to the 7/11 just down the street, handed me $20. and said "go for it". I have my ingredients for my main, dessert and beverage (the last of which has been made, photographed and consumed) already!

Still need to figure out an appetizer and a side for my main.

Dave, I hope you can make it and do this contest, but if not there will be others!

My desert is made, and will be consumed, photographed, and critiqued tonight. I still have to figure out what I'm making for my main course. So many possibilities. But that won't happen until after the 5th, as that's when I get my next paycheck.

I can't wait to see the results of this contest. The creativity part should be off the charts.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Dessert has been made, photographed, eaten (by 4 people) and critiqued. It's ready to post. Now, I just have to figure out what I'm making for the main course and sides, and the beverage. I'm sure I can come up with something.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have a question. My 7/11 sells eggs. Can I use them as a purchase from the store or would they be a pantry item? (Not telling what I need them for!)

I have a question. My 7/11 sells eggs. Can I use them as a purchase from the store or would they be a pantry item? (Not telling what I need them for!)

They count as a purchase from the store.

I'm counting pantry items as those things like flour, S&P or things I can't get at the convenience store but already have on hand.

I got salt and pepper at the convenience store, and so aren't counting them as pantry ingredients. It is my understanding that anything purchaced from a convenience store is counted as a convenience store item.

I've been a good boy, and am following the spirit of the competition though. I could get premium beef steaks or roasts from one convenience store in town, that has a mini butcher shop. But that just wouldn't be fair to everyone else;). But that's OK. I'm making gourmet fair from what's available at Holiday Gas Station.Convenience store.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I was going to make my entree one way because one of the traditional ingredients was available at the 7/11 but I thought that was too "safe". The new way is going to be much more interesting...if it works! I will be trying it today or tomorrow.

I'll be shopping and cooking tomorrow as well! I have ideas, but will not settle on any idea until after I see what they have. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes together! YAY, WEEKEND!

Back
Top Bottom