GCC -- Four Seasons Challenge - Summer PattY1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
Summer - Dessert

Banana Split Cake

View attachment 11059

View attachment 11060

This was my first attempt. I free handed the batter. I got the correct pan for mothers day, so I will post when I make again. I also did not care for the cake recipe I used, so I will use Alix's lemon "cake" recipe ingredients, beat the egg whites separately and flavor accordingly. I am also going to make Banana Butter Cream Frosting instead of the pudding mix/whipped topping one. It's a work in process.

Last edited:
Summer - Dessert

Banana Split Cake

View attachment 11059

View attachment 11060

This was my first attempt. I free handed the batter. I got the correct pan for mothers day, so I will post when I make again. I also did not care for the cake recipe I used, so I will use Alix's lemon "cake" recipe ingredients, beat the egg whites separately and flavor accordingly. I am also going to make Banana Butter Cream Frosting instead of the pudding mix/whipped topping one. It's a work in process.

OOOOPS I forgot to mention the top of the cake. I drizzled melted chocolate, caramel, butterscotch and strawberry ice cream topping. Sprinkled on chopped nuts and maraschino cherries. :chef:

Oh, Patty, this is totally awesome! If this is the test run I can't wait for the next try.

Thank you.
The first idea I had and made a couple of times was a banana cake with pie filling and crushed pineapple between the layers. I frosted it with whipped topping/white chocolate pudding mix and decorated the same. That was yummy also. I thought making chocolate,vanilla and strawberry batter(think ice cream) made it more like a banana split.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom