GCC - Summer Picnic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
GCC: Summer Picnic

Okay here are the guidelines for the Summer Picnic Challenge:

Everything has to be food you make in advance and pack to take on "the picnic" or assemble when you get there.

Nothing is "cooked on site."

Food could be transported in a cooler / ice chest.

There is ice for drinks.

Food for the picnic:

Snacks / Finger food

Beverage

Main Meal (may include sides if you want)

Dessert

The Deadline for posting recipes and photos is Saturday July 9th.

Just to be clear you don't have to actually go on a picnic. :)

Thanks, Dave, for this! This is what I envisioned you meant when you first proposed the idea. I am definitely in for this. Timing should be good as well.

Thanks, Dave, for this! This is what I envisioned you meant when you first proposed the idea. I am definitely in for this. Timing should be good as well.

:) Thanks! I got your PM and I'll respond tomorrow. Was a long day in the yard/garden and then shopping to do but I promised I'd get the guidelines posted by tonight. I'm off to bed!! Zzzzzzzzz

sent a second PM (about something else) so don't read until tomorrow. Have a restful night.....so you can come and plant my herbs and tomatoes!:mrgreen:

sent a second PM (about something else) so don't read until tomorrow. Have a restful night.....so you can come and plant my herbs and tomatoes!:mrgreen:
James planted my tomatoes, zucchini, and some herbs for me while I am in California visiting my dad and my family. :wub:

Wish I could participate in this. But the timing is wrong for me. I do so look forward to seeing what every one makes. This should be good.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wow. I so far I have only come up with two possible desserts, depending on what I come up with for the other courses.

So far it is you, me, Barbara, & LP. I though Kathleen was going to join...

So what happened with the Summer Picnic theme? Somehow, I missed everything.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
The deadline is July 9th. I am still planning to do mine up after we get back from the weekend. It is all laid out, just have to prepare, photograph, eat and critique! I might even do it on our camping trip with our niece and nephew!

I've got mine planned--just have to get my deadlines out of the way first (and, it would be nice to have hot and cold running water ALL weekend instead of sporadically). Thought I'd do mine this weekend, too, but we're not going canoeing until the 20th and the garden is NOT cooperating (nor are my deadlines--two slipped today).

Just a quick question--does EVERYTHING have to be an original recipe or is one allowed to use any store-bought stuff (like bread, cheese spread) or to use a friend's recipe?

Just a quick question--does EVERYTHING have to be an original recipe or is one allowed to use any store-bought stuff (like bread, cheese spread) or to use a friend's recipe?

You are allowed to use store bought! I promise, I never baked my own bread for any recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom