GCC - The 4 Seasons Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Patty, are you thinking of joining the fun too? That is great. And we have until May 28 so lots of time to think about what you will make.

Yes, I have ideas about my contributions, funds are just the deciding factor.:chef:

That's weird. This thread just popped up under new posts, but the last entry was a week ago.

And that "bump bump" was not the last post when I entered mine, lol. Weird.

I have figured out "how" I am going to incorporate the seasons into my courses, just not "what" to cook for each. I am sure glad we have a month and a half on this one!

I have figured out "how" I am going to incorporate the seasons into my courses, just not "what" to cook for each. I am sure glad we have a month and a half on this one!

Here's a hint on what I am doing...I bet you don't recognize me with my capon...

Attachments

• capon.jpg
    capon.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 68
I just keep singing, "Winter, spring summer or fa-all, All you have to do is ca-all. And I'll be there! You've got a friend." Sad really. No thoughts yet, waiting til after I get home from holidays.

Well, I was just sitting here and a wave of inspiration hit me...how to carry my theme through and what I am making for three of the four dishes.

I better start looking now for a source for one element.

I just keep singing, "Winter, spring summer or fa-all, All you have to do is ca-all. And I'll be there! You've got a friend." Sad really. No thoughts yet, waiting til after I get home from holidays.

That's where I was going wrong! I've been singing "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme."

I think I have one season figured out, so only 3 more to go! :wacko:

Hey, that's a good song! So I'm wondering if we can expect some sort of Mexican theme after your holiday!;)

Just yesterday I said to myself, "Self, you need to get started thinking about this challenge!" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Ok, so I didn't exactly say it that way, but it was close! (For some reason lately I have been remembering all my dad's sayings!).

I'm closing in on some ideas, but I have a lot more to come up with! :cool:

I want to do this one, but..................alas no inspiration yet :(

Think on some seasonal vegetables and see if you can think of ways to use them to a theme. Don't forget canned and frozen for those that are not available right now. You can do it!!!

Think on some seasonal vegetables and see if you can think of ways to use them to a theme. Don't forget canned and frozen for those that are not available right now. You can do it!!!

Somebunny, I agree with Fiona! You did so great in the last challenge and also you have 6 weeks before the May 29th (I think) deadline - the last Saturday in May, anyway. You can do this. I was stumped until one concept hit me and at least that is a starting point.

Pick something that reminds you of a season and start from there!

This is exactly how I came up with my menu. Associated a season with a product and brainstormed what I might make with it.

Back
Top Bottom