My Mom's First Cooking Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jade

Assistant Cook
My mom recently entered her first cooking contest and it means so much to her. She added two recipes, Nana's Chicken Soup and Fresh Orange Salad. The fresh orange salad is a delicious snack to have on summer day, with a mix of oranges and extra virgin olive oil that pleasantly surprise your taste buds. Nana's Chicken Soup was my mom's Nana's recipe, who came through Ellis Island from Sicily. Growing up, it never failed. If me or my brother was sick, my mom would always have chicken soup ready for us. I swear that it is magic soup. It is a cure-all.

The contest ends July 31. Please check out her recipes, vote for them, make them yourself, and let me know what you think.

Fresh Orange Saland - Tuscany Tonight - Tuscany to You Recipe Contest presented by Marchesi de' Frescobaldi

Nana's Chicken Soup - Tuscany Tonight - Tuscany to You Recipe Contest presented by Marchesi de' Frescobaldi

Thank you!

That chicken soup is wonderful. Made the old fashioned way that our mothers and grandmothers have been doing forever!

Yes it did! Very exciting!

It is a delicious soup. Since becoming a vegetarian she has started making it for me the same way just minus the chicken and it is still surprisingly flavorful and delicious and doesn't taste like vegetable soup.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom