PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I can say about the fried cheese curds is that frying them was a waste of a good curd. They might as well have been a cheeseball. I will save them in the future to lay upon a nice plate of gravy and fries where their squeak will be heard :)
And yes, after looking at them on the rack I decided to roll them in breading.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 147
I looked online and it stated that is was understood to be something you could sit on, like a stool, or a hassock, but the word was used because it rhymed with Muffett, and that the word itself did not actually exist in any language.

All I can say about the fried cheese curds is that frying them was a waste of a good curd. They might as well have been a cheeseball. I will save them in the future to lay upon a nice plate of gravy and fries where their squeak will be heard :)
And yes, after looking at them on the rack I decided to roll them in breading.

Well it's a shame they weren't as good as you expected Pac, but I must say they do look pretty good!

Thanks, Katy.
They were OK for fried cheese balls, just a waste of curds, which aren't that plentiful where I live.

But next stop is Kansas City!!!

Ribs? :yum: We gonna have ribs? I know it's too ordinary a pick but you won't go wrong. We had ribs in KC one time. Worst neighborhood ever, but the best ribs ever. Just make sure you serve 'em up on top of slices of white sandwich bread to make it authentic. :chef: Hmm, I "wonder" why they do that...

PPPC this week has Cleveland V Kansas City. And what screams KC more than BBQ brisket! Or more specifically, Arthur Bryant's burnt ends!!! :yum:
So he brisket is on the Q.
I've got a drip pan underneath with a little beef stock, onions and garlic in it to catch any drippings. Those drippings will be combined with some BBQ sauce for the burnt ends. Also going on the pit will be some beans and ABTs... much later... yawn...

Vikings vs Green Bay evening game. Vikes need quarterback help, or maybe just a quarterback period.

As for me, I have to be prudent serving things like chili, dogs, chili-dogs and pizza as just about every team seems to have these as a local specialty.
This week I am cooking up brats in the hot tub ( read that somewhere) which is basically how I like them, simmer in beer w/ onions and finish on the grill. Pac’s holding sauce last week looks good as an added touch. I don’t think I need to do this. We’re doing yard work and DxW requested grilled chicken breast. We will eat afterwards, late afternoon. I was thinking German potato salad, she wants mashed or campfire taters. Well, either is fine w/ me and goes along with sauerkraut. I made bacon for breakfast so I have bacon grease to cook up the sauerkraut. I’m just glad we can grill out in nice weather today.

Well this was worth it. When do we play Kansas City again? :yum:

Here was my plate of BBQ.
8.jpg

And more specifically, the burnt ends. Man these are tasty. I had my doubts and thought they would dry out, but they didn't. They were morsels of goodness, just like the websites said they would be.
9.jpg

I pretty much made them using this website:
Barbecue Brisket Recipe Texas Style, A Detailed Step By Step Guide

For pics along the way you can visit the Outdoor Cooking forum here.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f36/todays-q-87624.html

Well this was worth it. When do we play Kansas City again? :yum:

Here was my plate of BBQ.
View attachment 19191

And more specifically, the burnt ends. Man these are tasty. I had my doubts and thought they would dry out, but they didn't. They were morsels of goodness, just like the websites said they would be.
View attachment 19192

I pretty much made them using this website:
Barbecue Brisket Recipe Texas Style, A Detailed Step By Step Guide

For pics along the way you can visit the Outdoor Cooking forum here.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f36/todays-q-87624.html

Damn, that looks good! Tell the truth, you took that picture the last time you were at a BBQ restaurant in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom