PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Swedish meatballs. A popular reception place in town here was called Little Bit of Sweden and they always had a great spread. I can't vouch for its authenticity, but I can the taste.

We love them, too. DH gave me Cooks' Illustrated's International Cookbook for Christmas a few years ago and they have a great recipe.

I wasn't active here at DC for your first challenge pac. Looking forward to following you along on this one though. Don't know if I'll make any opponent-specific food though. Since the Brownies are playing Miami all I can think of is grilled "dolphin" (would tuna on the grill do?) or, if I want to stretch myself a bit, I might MIGHT attempt arepas - although I'm not sure I could find the required cornmeal in time. Besides, all I can think of right now is "brownies". :yum: Ooo, maybe I'll just bake up a pan of bakechef's recipe every week! :idea:

Here we go Brownies, Here we go! Woof! Woof! :)

Just remember you are entitled to just ONE brownie per touchdown. Okay, a touchdown for either team. After all it is football! :angel:

Just remember you are entitled to just ONE brownie per touchdown. Okay, a touchdown for either team. After all it is football! :angel:

After all it's football?
Heck, after all it's the BROWNS!
I think you are better off going with one brownie every time they have to punt! :LOL:

Sunday, 8 September, the Carolina Panthers vs. the Seattle Seahawks.

Go Panthers!

Seahawks make for the tasty treats of panthers.

We will make the Cornish hens for the game!

Your friend,
~Cat

After all it's football?
Heck, after all it's the BROWNS!
I think you are better off going with one brownie every time they have to punt! :LOL:

Oh Ye of little faith. The Browns went 3-1 in preseason and you know what that means? Um, yeah, they pretty much used up a bunch of wins on don't-count games. :(

All I know is if I make brownies every time the Browns play I better be giving more than half a pan away to a random neighbor each week. Otherwise, by the end of football season, I'll be shaped like a football sitting on the kicking tee! :ohmy:

Sunday, 8 September, the Carolina Panthers vs. the Seattle Seahawks.

Go Panthers!

Seahawks make for the tasty treats of panthers.

We will make the Cornish hens for the game!

Your friend,
~Cat

When my team played Seattle last year I made a Vietnamese salmon dish because Seattle is known for both their Vietnamese cooking/restaurants and salmon fishing. It was one of my more creative meals and I've made it since then.

Oh Ye of little faith. The Browns went 3-1 in preseason and you know what that means? Um, yeah, they pretty much used up a bunch of wins on don't-count games. :(

All I know is if I make brownies every time the Browns play I better be giving more than half a pan away to a random neighbor each week. Otherwise, by the end of football season, I'll be shaped like a football sitting on the kicking tee! :ohmy:

I hear brownies ship well :whistling

pac, it would be cheaper for you to make your own than to pay me back for the shipping charge. :LOL: OTOH, whenever we move back to OH you and I can meet in the middle for a pan of brownies/pound of bacon swap. ;)

And I've given Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge its own thread (so I can find some of the stuff I made easier :rolleyes:).

A couple of years ago some of you may remember me challenging myself every time my football team, the (ahem) Cleveland Browns, played it's opponent. On that day I would make something to eat that their opponent's city or area was known for. For instance, when Cleveland played San Francisco I made Cioppino; Tennessee, Memphis style BBQ. Well after a year off I have decided to do it again! :wacko:

Challenging myself this way every week introduced me to new foods and styles of cooking. And I feel the need to spice up my cooking once a week again, even though some will most likely be repeat performances. And I don't mean Cincinnati's goetta :ermm:

So if you want to join in, feel free. Make something from my team's opponent or your own football's team opponent, or just know that I'll be posting something here every Sunday and once on Thursday ;)

First up, the Miami Dolphins. Hmmm, pressed Cubans would be so easy...

OK, to get back OT, first up for my team's opponents were the Miami Dolphins. And as I said, pressed Cubans would have been too easy, so I scoured the Internet for other Cuban cuisine and found three recipes I wanted to make :pig: And they were perfect, as I've never made either one.

First up, Congri, or Cuban Red Beans and Rice. I used this recipe
I will be eating this for weeks, but won't mind. It was delicious. Even if the picture wasn't (new camera).

Attachments

• PPPC-II week1 Congri.jpg
    PPPC-II week1 Congri.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Thanks Andy.
Like I said, first time. I wonder how it compares with (for instance) Louisiana's red beans and rice. It sure is filling, lol.

If it's 3 guys in Miami, it's gotta be a good recipe. I always like looking at how they do a set up and roast a whole pig. Looks like you picked a winner, Pac.

Thanks Andy.
Like I said, first time. I wonder how it compares with (for instance) Louisiana's red beans and rice. It sure is filling, lol.

I'd guess they're fairly similar. The LA version could contain tasso or andouille (or both) and some different seasonings.

Oh yum. I've made Emeril's RB&R recipe several times, this recipe sounds similar. Emeril's includes kielbasa and smoked ham hock, and also makes a huge amount. It freezes well.

Very glad it freezes well. I don't think I've ever frozen cooked beans or rice before.
But that doesn't mean I'm not going to attack this pot the next few days to save room in the freezer :angel:

Three guys all the way, Whiskas. They have some nice looking recipes on their site.

Attachments

• PPPC-II week1 Snapper.jpg
    PPPC-II week1 Snapper.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 152

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom