The Next GCC Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At this point I'm thinking of a Siamese Dish...Kitten Teriyaki...just discovered her hiding place, inside my new loveseat.

Is this a "terrorize your human day" for animals? I was finally sewing on the new machine this morning and realized Violet was under my sewing desk, under my legs (as I am trying to control the foot pedal) shaking big time. I am trying to figure out what was scaring her and it turned out to be.....drum-roll please......the sewing machine! My dog is scared of something so she hides right below it. Now any time I go near it she whimpers. Oh, and this is the quietest sewing machine I have ever used.:wacko:

Maybe I should sew her some ear muffs and blinders!

Is this a "terrorize your human day" for animals? I was finally sewing on the new machine this morning and realized Violet was under my sewing desk, under my legs (as I am trying to control the foot pedal) shaking big time. I am trying to figure out what was scaring her and it turned out to be.....drum-roll please......the sewing machine! My dog is scared of something so she hides right below it. Now any time I go near it she whimpers. Oh, and this is the quietest sewing machine I have ever used.:wacko:

Maybe I should sew her some ear muffs and blinders!

We're in the basement...the roofers are one whole floor away, both cats are off their food because they can hear them. They can't even see them...but they are there...so no eating.

I'd love to participate in this one. I just never know from one moment to the next whether I'll be able to do it! Aug 20 is probably too early for me because we are on holiday from the 12-19 and before that I will be working extra hours to make up for being away. I'll share my story and picture if I can...but I'm not going to fuss about any "contest" bit if that's ok?

The date isn't set in stone yet Alix. I am even wondering if we should leave it until mid September after holidays are over, families are back in routine, etc. And anyone can submit any time they want.

To be truthful, I would almost like to just make this a thread rather than a contest - anyone can submit at any time and see how long we can keep it going - any comments everybody?

ohhhhhhhh I really like this idea LP!! I wanna play. :clap: I have something in mind, but I told the story of it a long time ago when I first came here...is it ok to tell it again?
I don't think anyone but Kades would remember it, as to my delight she uses the recipe often. Maybe there's enough new people here now that have never heard about it?

ahhh gee I was going to use that one:LOL::LOL: I remember Kayelle and I'd go for it if I were you it's a winner.
kades

The date isn't set in stone yet Alix. I am even wondering if we should leave it until mid September after holidays are over, families are back in routine, etc. And anyone can submit any time they want.

To be truthful, I would almost like to just make this a thread rather than a contest - anyone can submit at any time and see how long we can keep it going - any comments everybody?

set it up any way you want Laurie and count me in. I'd love to do this only prob is a picture I just might have to strong arm Gina and see if she will help me.
kades

Instead of a GCC make it a "What's your best...." like I did with the burgers.

I had wanted to do a bunch more of those this summer (best pasta salad, potato salad, grilled veggie dish, etc) but things just go far to busy here and the summer seems to have flown by.

Maybe instead of our GC Challenges in the summer, we should do a "What's Your Best...?" Everyone seems so busy in the Summer, the Challenges are better suited to thinking about and managing while snowed in.

Maybe instead of our GC Challenges in the summer, we should do a "What's Your Best...?" Everyone seems so busy in the Summer, the Challenges are better suited to thinking about and managing while snowed in.

I agree. We could do one dish meals, casseroles, grilled foods and tons of others. And it would be a lot less work than a 4 or 5 course meal. I am all for it!

I am also in on this one too.

Okay, so this is now officially "What's your Best Overall (or Signature) Dish? I will reiterate all the rules and outlines in a separate thread after I wrap my head around it. Everyone who was planning to enter okay with this? It is essentially the same, but a little less formal.

set it up any way you want Laurie and count me in. I'd love to do this only prob is a picture I just might have to strong arm Gina and see if she will help me.
kades
I've decided to not do this. I'm sure it will be a big hit.
ma

Their are three GW spawn that would disagree with you on that. :LOL: Sorry, we tease my dad all the time about repeating his stories and he gets :rolleyes: and hears "Yes dad, you told me about it yesterday," more often than he'd probably like. :)

I see that I'm just going to have to live new stories. But that's a bit harder to do now that DW is slower, and all the kids have grown up and are creating their own stories that they can over-tell to their kids.

Or maybe, muhuahahahaha, I can start telling stories about my kids, and some of their "notable" exploits. Hmmmm. Let me think. P.A.G. & Sprout, now what are the most interesting things that they have done.:ROFLMAO:

Oh, and I like the thread idea. It opens up the game more, makes it accessible to more people. That's a great idea. I still like the contest because it really challenges those who participate to step out of their comfort zone and try new things. But like was said, that's more practical when time isn't so precious as it is in summer.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom