The Next GCC Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Can I plan the next challenge - can I? Can I? PLLLLEEEEEaaaaase! :angel:

I was thinking of a one dish wonder - your signature, or go to, dish. It can be anything - dessert, casserole, drink, anything

What is the catch you say? You have to have a story with this dish....a real one. You made this with your Mom ever since you can remember, this is what you served your spouse and they fell in love with you for it....you get the idea. So, judging would be on the food and the story. But you don't need to be a trained writer and it doesn't have to be a long story - just to get the point across.

It will make it easier for more people to take part because they only have one thing to make and the whole idea is you have made it before.

I won't set a date or anything until people give feedback for the idea.

I love the idea. I don't think I have a signature dish or a one dish wonder, especially not one with a story. Hmm, I'll have to ask my husband, his knowledge of such things is much better than mine. I'd definitely like to hear about everyone else's though. I'm thinking with this group it would be an extremely difficult one to vote on.

Perfect4Me

I will participate, as I already know my go to dish and it has a beautiful story. I wish it didn't have to be one dish cause I could tell the one on how the love of my life lured me in with his perfectly southern fried shrimp.

I love the idea. I don't think I have a signature dish or a one dish wonder, especially not one with a story. Hmm, I'll have to ask my husband, his knowledge of such things is much better than mine. I'd definitely like to hear about everyone else's though. I'm thinking with this group it would be an extremely difficult one to vote on.

P.A.G. Help me out here. What would be my one-dish-wonder signature dish? P.M. me.:cool:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

GW, you'd be making pancakes. Its not so much a "one dish" as it is your "signature dish" if I read LP correctly. Everyone knows that pancakes is your THING.

And Frank...we'd better see a cheesecake presentation here somewhere.

GW, you'd be making pancakes. Its not so much a "one dish" as it is your "signature dish" if I read LP correctly. Everyone knows that pancakes is your THING.

Thanks, Alix, you are right on target! It is just something that is "you". Doesn't have to be fancy or have a real big story - just something you are good at, famous for, stirs a memory, whatever. Like Frank is to cheesecake and Goodweed is to pancakes and I am to.....no I am not doing a wedding cake! :LOL:

80zbaby, I think we can accept more than one entry on this - what do the others think?

I guess this seems popular enough so when would everyone like to do it by? I was thinking around August 20th. Remember, you can do it at any time, and post it at any time between now and then.

ohhhhhhhh I really like this idea LP!! I wanna play. :clap: I have something in mind, but I told the story of it a long time ago when I first came here...is it ok to tell it again?
I don't think anyone but Kades would remember it, as to my delight she uses the recipe often. Maybe there's enough new people here now that have never heard about it?

ohhhhhhhh I really like this idea LP!! I wanna play. :clap: I have something in mind, but I told the story of it a long time ago when I first came here...is it ok to tell it again?
I don't think anyone but Kades would remember it, as to my delight she uses the recipe often. Maybe there's enough new people here now that have never heard about it?
Go for it, Kayelle, even if some of us know it, good stories....and recipes....can never be repeated too often! :LOL:

:LOL: Exactly. My first reaction to him not knowing was :blink:. How could he not know? Obviously, yes, pancakes. I mean, they're "world famous". :mrgreen: And there are lots of stories to go with them too. I'll have to pm him and remind him of some them.

Go for it, Kayelle, even if some of us know it, good stories....and recipes....can never be repeated too often! :LOL:

Their are three GW spawn that would disagree with you on that. :LOL: Sorry, we tease my dad all the time about repeating his stories and he gets :rolleyes: and hears "Yes dad, you told me about it yesterday," more often than he'd probably like. :)

Back
Top Bottom