Thinking about entering a contest...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ein

Assistant Cook
Not to sure though...It would be at my County Fair in August, but I'm a little pareniod as several wonderful little old ladies of the community enter the contest, and they've been cooking forever. If I did enter I think I might either try my grandmother's home-made fudge recipe or my own Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe I have, either way, I get kinda nervous about the idea! Silly huh?

Not silly at all. Those ladies started somewhere to. I'd bet $20.00 that they were just as nervous. Any of them a winner?

You could have friends and family be your testers. Ask for some feedback.

Munky.

Random quotes from memory (so not exact quotes): "Just remember that the only failure is the failure of not trying. If you focus on doing your best then you won't have time to focus on losing. Life is a journey. Just enjoy the journey. The most interesting thing about a postage stamp is the persistence with which it sticks to it until it gets there."

Those "little old ladies from the community" are like postage stamps...after all these years they're still sticking to it "until they get there" aren't they...still taking the opportunity to improve on past attempts. Still not quite there but having a grand old time trying.

If you lose this time then so what...your goal was to do your best and you did it...and that's a win! If it turned out not to be your best then look at it this way...it was an opportunity to improve yourself for next time. And it was an opportunity you didn't pass up. Pat yourself on the back for trying because that's BIG.....HUGE!

Oh, and your Grandma's fudge and your chocolate chip cheesecake sound awesome!

:chef:

Thanks guys! I've just about decided I'm going to, it will be allot of fun, and it'll be a good experiance. I have to wait till the end of July to know more about it, but I'm strongly thinking about entering the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Though it is a safe choice...I figure I'll have plenty of time to decide!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom