Canned tuna and pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take canned salmon, drain and mix with some lemon pepper. Let sit a half hour or so.
Mix that into any Rice A Roni type box of Cheesy rice, heat gently.
Very tasty!

Best Tuna salad: 1 can white albacore tuna in water. Drain. 4 tablesppons of white vinegar. 2 chopped green onions. 3/4 cup chopped cabbage. Freshly ground pepper to suit. Add enough mayo to suit. I let this sit in the fridge for half a day at least so the flavors mix in nicely. It's a little tart and I love it like this. Double the recipe for 2 cans of tuna.

If you have garlic, mushroom, capsicum (peppers I think) and Sour Cream...

Cook 400g pasta according to packet directions, drain.
Brown the garlic along with mushroom and capsicum for about 2 - 3 mins, Add in 2 cups of sour cream and a cup of vegetable stock, simmer to thicken, add can of Tuna and heat through then toss through pasta. It's nice if you have a handful of chopped chives to put through it.

I just open a can of Campbells cream of aparagus soup or any other cream soup I have on hand and mix it with the tuna . Nothing fancy , I make it when I don't feel like doing a lot of cooking and prep work. ;)

tdiprincess,
Here are three tuna recipes that are quite susscessfull here at home:
1) Tuna and rice cakes, similar to a crab cake but substituting with cooked rice.
2) Prepare tuna mayonnaise with anchovies paste, this is very nice served with meat cuts or canapes.
3) Rice with diced tomatoes, sauteed shallots and tuna chunks
Let me know if you would like the recipes.

Back
Top Bottom